Jump to content
Jason (ABRP)

Alpha Feedback - Nissan Leaf

Recommended Posts

On 12/4/2018 at 7:54 PM, Jason (ABRP) said:

As a matter of fact, we do take that into account! We used charts like the ones published by Fastned (link) to create the charge curves for the various Leaf models.  It should be very close to what you actually experience in the vehicle.  I will also note that we don't take battery temperature into account when charging yet.  Sometime in the future, perhaps.

Hi Jason could you check this trip https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=bca37b23-8b8b-49fd-a2f0-c03f6c2355b9

ABRT plans the charge to last 24 minutes. But it's impossible. 

Another point, by default ABRP use 50kw for all charger, but in reality, it's rarely more than 44kw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2019 at 3:00 AM, Jason (ABRP) said:

When I have some time I need to work through the analysis of the Leaf Data that's been sent in to see if I can build a real-world model from what I have access to.  Since the LeafSpy data is somewhat limited, it'll be interesting to see what the results are.

This would be extremely interesting to see @Jason (ABRP) :) The reason many of us provide the data is to try to help improve the model. (But we understand that LeafSpy data is not optimal)

Edited by Jilldris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 2:19 AM, Benja said:

Hi Jason could you check this trip https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=bca37b23-8b8b-49fd-a2f0-c03f6c2355b9

ABRT plans the charge to last 24 minutes. But it's impossible. 

Another point, by default ABRP use 50kw for all charger, but in reality, it's rarely more than 44kw.

Interesting, my charge curves look okay, and working my math, it looks like 10-80% should be about 40min, which lines up with the official Nissan guidance:

image.png.98d96917fbc495976d82a0f10fdc7268.png

I noticed you set your degradation to 25%, which we handle by reducing the capacity of the battery, which I suspect means we cut your charge times by the same amount - since there's less battery to fill.  I'll spend some time following that logic through and see if there are any improvements to be made.  

10 hours ago, Jilldris said:

This would be extremely interesting to see @Jason (ABRP) :) The reason many of us provide the data is to try to help improve the model. (But we understand that LeafSpy data is not optimal)

Heh, the main reason I've been putting it off is because it requires me to rework the analysis so that it can be run without direct power data.  Right now, all other vehicles provide power and speed, LeafSpy doesn't, and that makes the analysis a lot different (right now we just compare power to speed and build the model based on that, since that's what we need for driving models.)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason (ABRP) said:

Heh, the main reason I've been putting it off is because it requires me to rework the analysis so that it can be run without direct power data.  Right now, all other vehicles provide power and speed, LeafSpy doesn't, and that makes the analysis a lot different (right now we just compare power to speed and build the model based on that, since that's what we need for driving models.)

Ok! Understand that you don't have time for everything. Is amazed of all functionality you manage to add to ABRP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, Jason (ABRP) said:

To verify and improve our models we need your feedback.  There's many ways we could use help if you actually own one:

  • Drive a plan and compare it to the actual battery used.
  • Drive a plan with the browser active, and update your actual battery percentage in the browser.
  • Contribute data via OBD or other methods.

The best way to improve the data is to provide data directly from the car.  For the Leaf, we're working with the LeafSpy developer to add what we need to the logging.  In the meantime, you can follow these instructions to set up data logging, but you'll have to keep LeafSpy open in the foreground to log.

Thanks for providing feedback!

Trajet SAUTEL (09300) GRUISSAN PLAGE (11) DE 100 % à 34 % 

Moyenne de consommation 15,3 Kw/h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I'm about to receive me 62 kwh Leaf, and I tried a route that includes a 100 kW charger, but it seems like the charging speed is the same as a 50 kW.

I haven't checked so this is purely speculations.

Great work on abrp, a suggestion from me is to create a 62 kwh leaf with a 50 kW charger,  as it is possible to but the N-Connecta with only 50 kW charger. 

Hoping to be able to provide you with data soon.

Regards 

Lasse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lasse D said:

Hi

I'm about to receive me 62 kwh Leaf, and I tried a route that includes a 100 kW charger, but it seems like the charging speed is the same as a 50 kW.

I haven't checked so this is purely speculations.

Great work on abrp, a suggestion from me is to create a 62 kwh leaf with a 50 kW charger,  as it is possible to but the N-Connecta with only 50 kW charger. 

Hoping to be able to provide you with data soon.

Regards 

Lasse

At the moment we have no data on how the 62kWh Leaf will perform, but we did boost the charge curve by a little (assuming it has a similar shape to the 40kWh leaf curve, just charges faster).  It should have a similar SoC time profile, but since it's a bigger battery it means a higher power (kW) at each step.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charging Takes Longer for 24kwh leaf when battery degradation is above 25 %. For example when it's 25C outside it took 30 minutes to charge from 13% to 97% even when the battery temperature was optimal. Example Route: https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=2672ce3c-894c-4169-a916-35bfa72965d6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been clicking on your link on how to do  data logging and it just gives me an error.  I'm going to do a 700 km trip tomorrow and would gladly give you the data, if you want it.  Your planner suggests that my second charge tomorrow will be the same amount of time as the first charge.  I know from experience that the second, third etc, all take at least twice as long as the first.  In North America (especially Canada) I don't have access to the rapid gate fix. Let me know if my 2018 (40kw with rapid gate) data is wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 4:04 PM, Jake said:

I've been clicking on your link on how to do  data logging and it just gives me an error.  I'm going to do a 700 km trip tomorrow and would gladly give you the data, if you want it.  Your planner suggests that my second charge tomorrow will be the same amount of time as the first charge.  I know from experience that the second, third etc, all take at least twice as long as the first.  In North America (especially Canada) I don't have access to the rapid gate fix. Let me know if my 2018 (40kw with rapid gate) data is wanted.

Ah, I'll double check the link, but it's on the planner now.  Under Settings > More Settings > Live Data > Setup (make sure you have the right car selected).  The instructions should be pretty quick!

We'll take all the data we can get! We're still working on getting enough data to start taking battery temperature into account (still don't understand why Nissan doesn't cool their batteries...), but that takes a lot more data to characterize because of the large number of factors that go into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jason (ABRP) said:

We're still working on getting enough data to start taking battery temperature into account

This You Tuber has some videos on Leaf 40 battery temps etc which my be of some help:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Contact Us

Bo - Lead Developer and Tesla owner: bo@abetterrouteplanner.com

Jason - New Car Models, Developer and Bolt owner : jason@abetterrouteplanner.com

Idreams - Forums Administrator, Forums Developer and Tesla owner : idreams@abetterrouteplanner.com

×
×
  • Create New...