Jump to content
Jason-ABRP

Alpha Feedback - Mini Cooper SE

Recommended Posts

To verify and improve our models we need your feedback.  There's many ways we could use help if you actually own one:

  • Drive a plan and compare it to the actual battery used.
  • Drive a plan with the browser active, and update your actual battery percentage in the browser.
  • Contribute data via OBD or other methods.

The best way to improve the data is to provide data directly from the car.  Connecting your car not only improves the models, but allows you to follow up directly in the car while driving! We have several ways of doing that, but we need your help to figure out what will work with your car:

  • An OBD reader can be used in concert with a custom app like LeafSpy, or a PID list and Torque Pro.
  • If your manufacturer has an API to access data from the car we can set up access to that API, like we do for Tesla

If you're familiar with either of these, contact me at jason@abetterrouteplanner.com and I'll help figure out what we need to do to connect your car!

Thanks for providing feedback!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Jason, I just contacted you via email. Sorry I didn't see this topic.

i talked with autopi staff and they told me they should be able to read some data from the car since it's similar to BMW i3.

we could try to send data, next week should arrive my autopi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2020 at 9:56 PM, Balp said:

Tried the Electrified app today, either the OBD dongle, the app or the phone isn't working great. Keeps loosing the OBD/BT connection.

Which OBD are you using? I don’t have this kind of problem actually...

@Jason (ABRP) how is the data I’m sending you? Do you want me to do something different, maybe in highway, for help you to improve your calculation? I’ve seen if I’m going to 74km/h all the data goes in 70km/h “section”, is it right? Do you prefer me to go like 70 or 80 and no in the middle?

another thing I wanted to ask you, I see very very low consumption @110 km/h if I’m going very slow (no bad accelerations and constant speed) but if accelerate a lot or I go at real 110, consumption is very different( it changes from 120 to over 190).. why does this happens? Shouldn’t the consumption at one speed be always the same, and not being affected by my speed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We customize the model to match the data coming from your vehicle, so as you get more data it'll refine the figure.  You can see how confident we are in the calibration with the blue bar graph next to the calibrated consumption:
image.png.38fcc0f949ea395e8dcc816494a6e032.png

Each bar is a different speed region (low/med/high) and the more full the bar, the more confident we are.  You can tap on that bar graph on your car details page to see the full information.

I'm actually working on an upgrade to our modelling tools to improve our workflow in modelling new car data, so when I finish that I'll be including the Mini Cooper SE in that modelling.  Generally I don't see really good results until we get at least 10,000 data points, so keep on driving! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jason (ABRP) said:

We customize the model to match the data coming from your vehicle, so as you get more data it'll refine the figure.  You can see how confident we are in the calibration with the blue bar graph next to the calibrated consumption:
image.png.38fcc0f949ea395e8dcc816494a6e032.png

Each bar is a different speed region (low/med/high) and the more full the bar, the more confident we are.  You can tap on that bar graph on your car details page to see the full information.

I'm actually working on an upgrade to our modelling tools to improve our workflow in modelling new car data, so when I finish that I'll be including the Mini Cooper SE in that modelling.  Generally I don't see really good results until we get at least 10,000 data points, so keep on driving! 

You’re the best! I’ll keep driving, and keep it opened in low speed too.. is enough that I have opened electrified and abrp or do I have to also set a navigation plan?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've driven over 13000km in my Mini now, with a considerable amount of that being highway. I found a calibrated speed of 160 Wh/km @ 110 km/h pretty realistic. As for charging, for me it charges at 48 kW from 4% to roughly 83% consistently. I would love to contribute data via OBD, but electrified is not working on iOS unfortunately. I've seen that Tronity also supports the Mini Cooper SE but it's not included in ABRP, maybe that could be an option?

 

I love the work you guys put into ABRP!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2020 at 9:56 PM, Balp said:

Tried the Electrified app today, either the OBD dongle, the app or the phone isn't working great. Keeps loosing the OBD/BT connection.

I change the ODB dougle to a VGate and now my connection is stable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2020 at 1:23 AM, Jason (ABRP) said:

Yes, we need information about charging but not slow charging.  I'd love to get some DC Fast Charge data for the Cooper and the i3, at the moment we don't have much at all, so my curve is mostly guesswork based on a couple of external data points.

Hello Jason! I have used DC charger but electrified does not send you any data about the dc, only the ac.. 

 

On 12/23/2020 at 1:42 AM, s.moose said:

I've driven over 13000km in my Mini now, with a considerable amount of that being highway. I found a calibrated speed of 160 Wh/km @ 110 km/h pretty realistic. As for charging, for me it charges at 48 kW from 4% to roughly 83% consistently. I would love to contribute data via OBD, but electrified is not working on iOS unfortunately. I've seen that Tronity also supports the Mini Cooper SE but it's not included in ABRP, maybe that could be an option?

 

I love the work you guys put into ABRP!

Never seen Tronity, I’m gonna download it asap ? @Jason (ABRP) do you think you could accept data from another app that is not electrified? ?

Edited by KillCoffee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, KillCoffee said:

It happens also to me sometimes, but like after one hour of driving... I thought it was my cheap android’s fault... still looking for something that works with ios

Also i have loots of bad gps positions from electrified. Not sure how it gets it's positions form android. The reporting to ABPR is bad, the battery stats while driving is good. I don't really have any way to handle slow charging yet thou. (Yes also a cheap Honor work phone for electrified.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2020 at 4:42 PM, s.moose said:

I've driven over 13000km in my Mini now, with a considerable amount of that being highway. I found a calibrated speed of 160 Wh/km @ 110 km/h pretty realistic. As for charging, for me it charges at 48 kW from 4% to roughly 83% consistently. I would love to contribute data via OBD, but electrified is not working on iOS unfortunately. I've seen that Tronity also supports the Mini Cooper SE but it's not included in ABRP, maybe that could be an option?

 

I love the work you guys put into ABRP!

Hi mate, did you have any good news with Tronity? I can’t stand electrified anymore, specially cause I’m really tired of having 2 phones, doing hotspot every time I’m in the car but only after iPhone has connected to apple car play…. It really sucks, it’s slow, data refresh is slow, sometimes it crashes…. Aaaaaah!!! Looking for a good alternative on iOS, anyone has anything? Can we try to develop an iOS version of electrified? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hello guys, I’ve just tried an app called mi3 on iOS and it works perfectly! I don’t remember how to add the token tho.. can @Jason-ABRP help me? In this moment I’ve just copied the token I’ve been using on electrified for the last few months.. now that I’ve finally found an alternative for iOS I would definitely stop using the android device with hotspot on my iPhone.. can I use that one or I should generate a new one for the iPhone? Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...