Jason (ABRP)

Alpha Feedback - Jaguar I-Pace

To verify and improve our models we need your feedback.  There's many ways we could use help if you actually own one:

• Drive a plan and compare it to the actual battery used.
  • Drive a plan with the browser active, and update your actual battery percentage in the browser.
  • Contribute data via OBD or other methods.

The best way to improve the data is to provide data directly from the car.  Connecting your car not only improves the models, but allows you to follow up directly in the car while driving! We have several ways of doing that, but we need your help to figure out what will work with your car:

• An OBD reader can be used in concert with a custom app like LeafSpy, or a PID list and Torque Pro.
  • If your manufacturer has an API to access data from the car we can set up access to that API, like we do for Tesla

If you're familiar with either of these, contact me at jason@abetterrouteplanner.com and I'll help figure out what we need to do to connect your car!

Thanks for providing feedback!

Hi,

no one out there yet using ABRP with an I-Pace?

I'm going to get one 2nd half of June and I am eager to using ABRP. I have used the planner some times offline to estimate travelling times for certain trips that I want to make once I have the car.

I wonder how I could connect the car to ABRP. I have got an OBD2 reader. Is there a known way to connect ABRP to the I-Pace?

Best regards,
Harald

If there is, we don't know about it.  Of course, if you're technically savvy you could try exploring one of the methods that have worked for other vehicles.  With OBD2 you could reverse engineer the manufacturer PIDs:
https://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/39093/how-to-reverse-engineer-the-manufacturer-specific-protocol-on-obd2-for-acquiring

Or if Jaguar has a decent API we can explore that option.

Thanks for the hints, I can try once I have the car.

Meanwhile I have found that there is an API (not documented by Jaguar) for the Jaguar InControl App (JLR Remote Car API). Somebody reverse engineered and documented it in order to build a Python control interface on top of it: https://github.com/ardevd/jlrpy 

This goes to a JLR server, I am not sure how responsive it is. Don't know whether this is helpful.

Br
Harald

Hi, would like to contribute. Do you have an overview with data needed?

Last 3400km 27,4kWh/100

11040km total, trying to get the total data available.

That JLRpy tool seems like a perfect fit for the job!

When I or Bo have time we'll build an implementation, we're also not opposed to some help implementing.  Much easier to do when you have access to a car and can test with live data.

Hi, this is great news. I would be willing to help. I am not sure about programming, that depends on language and environment. Definitely I can help with testing, as I will presumably have the car by end of next month.

My experience is that in suburbs travelling 25km to/from Warsaw everyday, I've got ca 22 kWh/100km efficiency and while travelling 140km outside Warsaw using mixed roads (half express/highway speed up to 140 and half national road, speed 100-110) I spent 25-28kWh/100km.

If you use Jag Api to create their standard "Incontrol app" I'll be glad to install it.

Regards,

Pawel (will register as "kinemax")

On the Jaguar I-Pace, it defaults to 100% SOC instead of 90% like Tesla.  There is no option for partial charging, nor is it needed.

Use 2.5 mi/kWh as an average consumption.  I'm 2.65 mi/kWh driving aggressively for 7,600 miles at speeds of up to 127 mph (limiter) and some track use and dragstrip use.  Typical cruising speed 77 mph.  

DOH!!!  I had planned a ABRP route for the I-Pace, and it had me stopping 45 miles from home on a 146 mile segment that I had driven a few times before, so I looked at the settings to figure out why.  

Obviously, I cannot retrofit the data into the software.  But my car did save the most recent trip of that segment which involves a ~4000' climb/descent and 146 miles.  It recorded 2.60 miles per kWh at an average speed of 81 mph and 75-91°F.  A trip with less than 2000' of climbing of 151 miles was 70 mph average (ACC set at 77) at 32-44°F was 2.65 mi/kWh.

Hi there. I have an i-Pace First Edition and live in Scotland. I have used and been thoroughly impressed by ABRO to plan a few longer trips. I don't do many, but for the couple I have done, ABRP was excellent. It even precisely predicted I would arrive at a charger with 34% SOC after setting off with 90%, so I'm very impressed for an alpha model.

I have some experience with the I-Pace's API, having used it to create a series of Siri shortcuts on iPhone to allow the use of voice commands to control certain aspects of the car (such as locking, unlocking, checking tyre pressures, starting a charge and starting the cabin preconditioning). I wouldn't say I'm an expert coder by any means, and I am also not a high milage driver with frequent public charging stops. But I do have a test vehicle and some experience working with the API. Happy to offer whatever help you need to get the API working with ABRP, which would be awesome. I have no knowledge though of the inner workings of the SatNav and how to pass a route from an app to it.

However, I am happy to do what I can, even if it's just offering a test vehicle!

Had a plan 

From Mandal to Oslo

Arrival charge.          Depart Charge.   Charge duration.         Duration.         Distance

point on map.                                                                             50%

Ionity kjerlingland.                                31%.                             65%.                       00:18.                         1.02.                   66 km

Ionity Ringdalskogen.                           10%.                              49%.                     00:18.                           2:09.                 175 km

Oslo Kommune. Charge an drive.       10%.                            46%.                       00:16.                           1:16.                   119 km

Oslo City Hall.                                        45%

actual

Arrival charge.          Depart Charge.   Charge duration.         Duration.         Distance

point on map.                                                                             52%

Ionity kjerlingland.                                34%.                             73%.                       00:31.                         0:58.                   66 km

Ionity Ringdalskogen.                           25%.                              81%.                     00:40.                           2:05.                 175 km

Oslo City Hall.                                        47%.                                                                                                 1:24.                  123 km

Edited by gorgas