OlofL

Minimum CCS charging speed filter

Posted (edited)

Description: I want to filter minimum CCS charging speed, since I am never interested in 50kw chargers.

Use Case: Tesla model 3 can charge at 200kw as of today. But most CCS chargers are 50kw, which is pretty much useless for me at long trips. I need to get from A to B as quickly and cheap as possible.

I am interested in for example Circle K, Ionity and Fortum 150kw and faster chargers only. These are both cheaper and faster than superchargers, if you're a model 3 user.

Edited by OlofL

Posted (edited)

Hello

I think we don't need such a filter. ABRP is optimized to find fastest solution. So it uses the fastest CCS anyway, if this leads to the overall fastest travel time. Try it out with Tesla CCS and CCS activated during planning. It will only use Ionity and similar instead of SuC.

Bye

Edited by Jojo

My guess is for long trips that involve overnight stops.  People could look for places that have a 240v plugin available if they have a portable L2 charger vs people needing to only look for 120v plugins if they just have a portable L1 charger.

20 hours ago, OlofL said:

Then what is the reasoning behind having such feature for AC?

Isn;t that just a display filter? Some areas have so many low power AC charging points that it makes the map unreadable.