edwinth

api key constantly changes

Question

Hello forum members,

Is it normal that the api key changes every time i use a different device ?

Should a change the key in torque also ?

I cannot get the live data working.

car: ampera-e

app: torque

dongle: vgate pro

thanks,

Edwin

5 answers to this question

That is not normal.  That is something that seems to have started recently.  I've been using ABRP with no issues for months, but right now, I cannot get live data for more than 1 trip.  It worked for me yesterday (after clearing the cache on my browser on my phone), but this morning, it did not work again.  I think it is changing the key for me as well, but my browser has the old one cached, so I don't see the new one until I clear the cache.

This has been mentioned in a couple of other threads, and it is happening to people using both Torque and EVNotify.

@edwinth There is a conversation going on in the thread I originally started about live data not showing up (https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/topic/644-live-data-not-showing-up/).  One of the ABRP devs, Jason, replied in there that he had been working on a better interaction between the front and back end and that there has been some kind of unforeseen interaction.

Some extra info regarding my issue:

When using icognito mode in chrome (ios) I get this error: Missing telemetry: soc,is_charging. (Car was not plugged in for charging)
I followed the setup procedure and needed pid data is available in torque(see below)

IMG_0032.thumb.PNG.13c7de7c38c8860568248a097bb977c3.PNG

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.1f451596d38345783d471dd7a7c1e8e0.JPG