Jason (ABRP)

Alpha Feedback - Mercedes B 250E

To verify and improve our models we need your feedback.  There's many ways we could use help if you actually own one:

• Drive a plan and compare it to the actual battery used.
  • Drive a plan with the browser active, and update your actual battery percentage in the browser.
  • Contribute data via OBD or other methods.

The best way to improve the data is to provide data directly from the car.  Connecting your car not only improves the models, but allows you to follow up directly in the car while driving! We have several ways of doing that, but we need your help to figure out what will work with your car:

• An OBD reader can be used in concert with a custom app like LeafSpy, or a PID list and Torque Pro.
  • If your manufacturer has an API to access data from the car we can set up access to that API, like we do for Tesla

If you're familiar with either of these, contact me at jason@abetterrouteplanner.com and I'll help figure out what we need to do to connect your car!

Thanks for providing feedback!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the model! 

Initial model seems to match smaller roads well (speed limits mostly 80 or 100 kmph):
I planned route to summer cottage. It's pretty close to 100% SOC when driven about 5 kmph over speed limits in perfect and quiet road conditions.
Model gives 106%, but it is also estimating the length of the trip about 5% higher than Google (same route on map) - I have to double check the true length next time I'll go there :)

For a temperature accurate verification, it will take some time - most of my drivings are too short trips to be usable for verification :-/

With Best Regards,
 Jarkko
  • Thanks 1

Hi Jason - I added a recent route through rural Wales on small largely rural roads with plenty of hills. I charged to 85% at each of my stops. Better Routeplanner was very comparable for my actual journey. Thank you for adding the B250e to your site.

5 hours ago, Paul Harrington said:

Hi Jason - I added a recent route through rural Wales on small largely rural roads with plenty of hills. I charged to 85% at each of my stops. Better Routeplanner was very comparable for my actual journey. Thank you for adding the B250e to your site.

Glad to hear it worked well for you!

I enjoy this planner very much.

My car has optional extra, where I can charge to higher capacity than 100%, but I'm unable to set trip start capacity to more than 100%. Would it be possible to extend limits for capacity to 116% please?

Capacity/Vehicle UI SOC/Real battery SOC

28kWh/100%/77% (Normal operation)

32.72kWh/116.86%/90% (When charged with extra capacity enabled)

36.36kWh/129.86%/100% (Not possible to charge fully)

12 hours ago, sifo said:

I enjoy this planner very much.

My car has optional extra, where I can charge to higher capacity than 100%, but I'm unable to set trip start capacity to more than 100%. Would it be possible to extend limits for capacity to 116% please?

Capacity/Vehicle UI SOC/Real battery SOC

28kWh/100%/77% (Normal operation)

32.72kWh/116.86%/90% (When charged with extra capacity enabled)

36.36kWh/129.86%/100% (Not possible to charge fully)

Hmm, we'll have to think about how to enable this function without allowing odd behavior in other cars (like starting from the top of a hill in 100% and reaching the bottom with 105%).

Is the weather/rain -correction car model specific? Is there any reason why it should be car specific?

Normally ABRP gives slightly pessimistic results for me, wet conditions changes it to optimistic side. This week I had a 160 km round trip in light rain (+4 deg C, wind 4 m/s), and the ABRP estimate was still in optimistic side even I set the rain to heavy rain (-20%). 

ABR estimate 236 Wh/km
Car estimate: 270 Wh/km

(here is the plannin link: https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=b19f39f9-7108-4c95-ace7-569521d3d7d3 - I was using the charge plus -feature, so I started at  SOC 115%, so I did not run out of electrons).

This is just one, possibly inaccurate sample, so I would not request changes to model yet. Can other drivers confirm this?