VJW

IOS & Android App ?

I’d donate to a fundraising campaign. I’d also make an in app purchase for an ad free app once it’s out. I do think there should be a free version with no restrictions on features but just with ads. All the ads you want! Haha 

On 6/2/2019 at 8:37 PM, Canadian Bolter said:

I have no data to support this, but there may be a positive correlation between ev owners and iphone owners - perhaps spending more for cars and spending more for phones go together.

perhaps start with the iOS app and plan to add android at some point in the future.

Android beeping in here don't assume anything of the sort we are very much balanced 

While an app might be nice, I use ABRP on my Android phone in Chrome all the time without much of a hassle.  I'm usually using the phone just for following a trip I've already planned out.

We definitely don't want to leave anyone out.  As we work on an app, one of our goals will be to make the experience consistent across all three platforms (Android, iOS, Web).

I'm also interested in helping out with better mobile support or a mobile app. If anyone has an update, please post it here! 

Would be amazing to have the iOS app and maybe Carplay integration - thumps up guys! Nissan Leaf 2018 owner.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, Joost said:

Would be amazing to have the iOS app and maybe Carplay integration - thumps up guys! Nissan Leaf 2018 owner.

Amazing indeed! The CarPlay integration part would be really neat!

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2019 at 7:51 PM, TM3 said:

PLEASE!! I would happily pay a reasonable price for an iOS or Android version. Love the site but an app would be much easier to navigate the input of data on a small screen. 

I would happily pay an unreasonable price for an iOS app.  Seriously... $100 would be worth it to me.  If I can afford a $30k car I can afford a $100 app.

What about support for “ What three words” on the apps and the website as that’s possibly more accurate for finding some chargers.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:39 PM, NosrednaNod said:

I would happily pay an unreasonable price for an iOS app.  Seriously... $100 would be worth it to me.  If I can afford a $30k car I can afford a $100 app.

i would pay too... and 100$ for me is a seriously price for so many functionality... im NOOB to EV... and i pay for a new Kona EV more then 30k... an when the app is android auto usable i would pay 150$ for it

Sorry for the delay on the mobile app development. I was bothered with my other stuffs this month. I talked with the Bo earlier in July and started development in August. I would say the progress for now (actually I didn't have time working on any of it this month tho) for now is 80% done. I will resume the app development and polish next week and hopefully I would have a preview for you by the end of this month.

• Like 1

I don’t have an EV but would be happy to be an alpha tester and provide feedback. 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:08 AM, dr-macd said:

What about support for “ What three words” on the apps and the website as that’s possibly more accurate for finding some chargers.

There is an interesting writeup by google on this and other similar systems. 

On my iPhone I can’t paste the github link here. Google “Evaluation of location encoding systems.”

Edited by Rav

7 minutes ago, Rav said:

On my iPhone I can’t paste the github link here. Google “Evaluation of location encoding systems.”

Goto the website plus.codes

Yes that top level domain name is correct. 

I'm a software developer and leaf 2018 owner, prob have a couple of weeks in oktober without an assignment (freelancing/midlancing) . If there is still work to be done on an app then I would love to help out! 

20 hours ago, InvalidOps said:

I'm a software developer and leaf 2018 owner, prob have a couple of weeks in oktober without an assignment (freelancing/midlancing) . If there is still work to be done on an app then I would love to help out! 

There definitely is, shoot us an email at contact@iternio.com and we'll see if you'd be able to help us out!

On 9/21/2019 at 2:32 AM, Rav said:

...and I think they've entirely missed the point of systems like What 3 Words - That being to make the transmission of locations robust when done verbally.

You call emergency services and they ask you where you are.

• "I'm at VS8Q+T5"..."Sorry was that a B or a V?"
  • "I'm at Battery..Horse..Staple"..."Right we're on our way"

For us, the equivalent is calling up customer services for a charger.

Edited by PaulS

Good idea. 

I like the idea of replacing serial numbers with 3 words. 

Anyway this is the app thread so please clarify how 3 words would apply to this app?

Presumably we could use What3Words for location input.  Here's the link referenced upthread:

https://github.com/google/open-location-code/wiki/Evaluation-of-Location-Encoding-Systems

For the moment, it's a daunting-enough task re-implementing the site features and redesigning the UI for mobile (and to make it not suck so much on web), that I don't know whether we'll be able to add new features until we get something basic available.  But we'll keep this in mind.

Ahh yes. I thought you would stick to importing from the databases you access as per a previous communication I had with you; Hence my confusion on how we would use 3 words. The app could access gps for location and have human confirmation. This is already intuitive to smart phone users. Add the ability for users to add locations while cool is a lot interface consideration. Unless you get a team of developers focus on what you do best, route planning. Direct people to an app that updates the database(s) you import for adding locations. 

This doesn’t have to be a free app so you could pay people to do quality control on new charging locations additions.  If that feature is added. 

How goes all the coding with this project, can we mere users assist with the App (display it on my car dash rather than google maps) development. I'm a big believer in openstreetmap and will be buying a bluetooth OBD2 just to provide data back to the developers.

Looking forward to seeing this project get better and better.

John Mack

I am also happy to be an Alpha or Beta tester 😉

Edited by VJW

Happy to support here as well. Be it with testing, money or coding support. I own an i3s and hopefully soon an ID3 as well. Please let me know where help can best be provided.

Rest assured we'll post here when we have something beta-worthy.  We're trying to do it right and build out a really strong foundation for the app which will hopefully save us time in the long run, but getting started takes the longest.

To implement CarPlay / Android Auto requires us to first have a functional app (and has a lot more hoops to jump through for approvals), but it is absolutely high on our list of priorities.  Expect this to come after we have a mostly functional app.