Jojo

ABRP Login is not saved

Posted (edited)

Hello Bo

I'm on the road again today.

Time schedule is still not working, but currently not so important.

Update of plan when browser reloads works in principle. Two problems today:

1. ABRP forgets Tesla login after a while.

Then the update of burn down chart doesn't work because no live info. When I login again (just clicking FIN number) it works again.

2. Maybe because of problem number 1 or even if the login is not forgotten, the localisation begins again with Amsterdam (dutch provider issue).

Thanks for fixing the issues.

Bye

Edited by Jojo

The time issue should now be fixed, thanks for the clear description. The MyTesla API is always a little shaky on the Tesla side; today I have received a lot of HTTP 422 errors from them randomly - no idea why. We can only hope they get their stuff together.

Posted (edited)

Hello Bo

Yes, Tesla API is nuts today.

I tried to relogin 20 times today.

Login wrong. Currently I cannot login via Model 3 browser at all.

ABRP was not usable today in the car.

Keyboard input is also strange.

I have to open login popup twice, because after clicking in the next input field, the keyboard doesn't open. I have to close the popup and reopen it.

I cannot check if I input my password right because I cannot see it plain text.

Please add a show password button.

I had problems in the past with Model 3 keyboard, that it writes capital letters despite small letters should appear and the other way around.

All these problems I had with 24.4 software and before.

Since yesterday I have 28.3. and the Tesla login doesn't work anymore. 

Status today with 28.3.: ABRP is unusable.

Keep the head up, thanks.

PS.: Tesla locked my account Because of to many failed Logins. Could there something be wrong with your forwarding of the login?

Edited by Jojo

PPS.: Or show the letters for a second and than mask it. We need the opportunity to check input

PPPS.: After resetting my login it works again. Lets see the next days, if it forgets the login again or we are facing new problems.

Thanks

Hello Bo

I have still problems with live data acquiring via Tesla Login. I now have more details.

1. Starting a planning. Live data acquiring needs some time, but than position and SoC is given and the route is calculated. Tesla Login works.

2. Than I close the browser to navigate with Tesla Navi.

3a. If I open the browser with ABRP again after a short while (1min, 2min...) the burn down chart is updated right away and my position is also shown correctly right away.

3b. If I open the browser after 10min again, no burn down chart appears and after a while I'm located in the Netherlands. And I get the Replan Popup.

!!! If I than not react to the popup and close the browser and than reopen it in the next moment, everything is fine again. Burn down chart, SoC, position ok.

So between 2min and 10min ABRP "forgets" the access to the Account and is not capable to reestablish it after the next reopening of the browser in the first place.

Only after the next opening again it works or after only 2min to ?min from the last opening.

Hopefully it helps to find the problem.

Thanks

Hello Bo

Some observation from this morning about the Tesla Login problem:

As stated here, after reload of the browser the login often does not work with all the follow up problems (no burn down, wrong postition with GSM, wrong recalculation........).

But maybe it's not the login itself. Everytime the Tesla Login and Live Data is grey, I can click on Tesla Login and my VIN appears. If I than select the VIN, everything works.

So, Tesla Login works, VIN is displayed, but after reload ABRP does not select the VIN/vehicle properly.

Maybe it helps to solve the problem.

Bye

I did update the Tesla API machinery a bit yesterday, turns out that Tesla has changed the name of a command but was still sometimes supporting the old one (I guess when some load balancer pointed me to the "right" server). On our side, the Tesla commands look much more stable now and seldom fail at all. Does it work better for you?

Hello Bo

1. Tesla Login: Login works well now. I tried it on tour ten times or so and it always works. It works with short intervals between reloading the browser and also with longer intervals (>10min). Burn down chart is updated perfect.

2. I send the next intermediate destination with button "Tesla Nav" to the Tesla and it even works 50m before the current destination. That's great now. Did you change something compared to last week?

3. Replanning when leaving the plan also works like a charm.

4. The time schedule is still messed up. See 

It is somehow more important than you think, that the time schedule works.

Explanation: Because of the lag of intermediate destinations within the Tesla Nav you do not get a plan over your whole trip. You only see the next step. This is unfortunate for your passengers and especially for your children. "When will we reach our destination?" ;-).

Therefore it would be helpful to have the complete plan in ABRP.

And Bo, you are right. Using ABRP in Model 3 browser is too good to skip it. 😉

Thanks

Allright, we have solved the problems in priority order. Now we will solve the time schedule problem 🙂

Hello Bo

I tested yesterday with a route of about four intermediate destinations.

Observations:

1. Yes, time schedule is now consistant. Is it also dynamic? Is the time schedule of all follow up destinations updated each time I open the Model 3 browser according to the "real" progress?

Funny: Burn down chart shows 24:17, when the ETA is after midnight 😉

2. Once I had the problem, that ABRP loads an old plan. See other thread 

Could that happen, when I use ABRP on different devices with the same ABRP Login? If all other devices than the Model 3 browser are in Standby (Smartphone, PC....) and than suddenly one of the other devices is woke up and the browser page is getting refreshed, maybe even that happens in the background, than maybe ABRP loads this last route from other devices when opening Model 3 browser.

3. Within my route I had a way back to my home and than the opposite direction for the next destination on the same route, but in the other direction. You know, where we are going to, right ;-).

When I reached home destination ABRP shows instantly the next destination, perfect. Including ETA. I transferred this next destination to Tesla Nav, which also works perfect. Closing browser, start to drive.

When I opened the browser again on the way to may next destination using the same route I used to go home but in the opposite direction, ABRP shows my home address again and the burn down chart runs/moves backwards. I suspect, that ABRP loses orientation, when the same route is used twice in different directions. It cannot detect on which "segment" of the plan you are currently. 

I think you need an algorithm to detect directions and/or the order of reached destinations or something like that. 

Fun fact: A few years ago I helped with testing a software for (mountain)bike navigation on smartphones, where using same route twice in same or opposite direction is happening very often and the software can't handle this as well, until they introduced something called "strict navigation", where the waypoint are handled in the strict order of planning. 

Thanks, looking forward to the progress.

Hello Bo

To point 1, time schedule: I observed this morning, that the time schedule is dynamic, great. As I need a longer time to my work because of traffic, which is currently not taken into account by ABRP, my ETA is changing to later on the way. This adjustment of the ETA can be seen at the right side of the burn down chart, where the ETA is stated for the next destination. It changes from 8.00 to 8.01 to 8.02....8.03. What has not changed is the ETA in the plan overview table. There it sticks to the original estimated 8.00.

Is it by intention? Leaving plan like it was in the beginning and just updating the burn down chart?

I would like to see also the complete plan, including follow up destinations, is getting updated.

Thanks for taking this into account.

Bye

Posted (edited)

ABRP handles the back-on-the-same road by trying to check off waypoints; if you are on a road which is used twice in a plan, it will assume that you are on the leg which is closest to the last waypoint you visited. However, if the browser memory is flushed (which I guess happens when it is in the background long enough) it will forget those things and start from scratch. We could do one or two things to improve this.

ABRP plans are static - once you have planned, they will not change unless you press "Replan" or "Plan". The only dynamic part is the driving mode display, i.e. the overlay at the bottom of the screen. This will update the times according to how far you have come on your journey. However, it will not recalculate based on your consumption or actual speed, only on how far you have come along the plan.

Edit: Just saw your post at the same time 🙂 Yes, this is intentional so that you can compare your progress to the original plan.

Edited by Bo (ABRP)

Hello Bo

I think we wrote at the same moment this morning, yes.

".. one or two things to improve this." sounds good.

I would like to rise the question, if it makes sense only to update "the driving mode display"/"burn down chart"?

What beneficial information do I get, if I see that I have a delay for the next waypoint compared to the planning. That would make sense, if the next waypoint is my final waypoint. The nature of planning with ABRP is, that there are intermediate waypoints, like charging stops, and I do not see the final waypoint in the overlay at the button until its the last segment of my trip.

I could take the difference between original planned timing and the current ETA from driving mode display and add this to the planned final destination time of the plan table to get my corrected ETA for my final destination. Seems to be fairly complicated.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to take updated ETA of the current segment from the driving mode display and based on that correct all timings in the table at each reload?

Think about it.

Thanks