Jump to content
Jason (ABRP)

I-Pace Live Data Discussion

Recommended Posts

This post is for discussion and work on providing I-Pace live data capability.

Probably the most promising solution is using the JLRpy tools (https://github.com/ardevd/jlrpy) to retrieve data from the car.  There are probably limitations.  If anyone's interested and knows a little Python (or is willing to learn), please give this a try and see how well it works.

Since neither of us (Bo or myself) have an I-Pace, developing this from scratch will be quite challenging.  Without help, it will be quite some time before we can get a workable interface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be happy to help on this. I own an i Pace. I would like to use and OBD2 bluetooth enabled plug in the car and use an iOS device to receive it’s data in ABRP. 

On the other hand I will try to connect to the car data using the jlrpy library.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rob Kamp said:

I would be happy to help on this. I own an i Pace. I would like to use and OBD2 bluetooth enabled plug in the car and use an iOS device to receive it’s data in ABRP. 

On the other hand I will try to connect to the car data using the jlrpy library.

 

Would something like this https://obdwarenhuis.nl/obdlink-mx-bluetooth-interface-ios-android fit the task?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own an I Pace (just got it last friday) too and an ODB2 dongle but zero knowledge of Python. Can I be of any help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An OBD2 dongle is a good start, but we would need to identify the exact signals the iPace uses to communicate the various statuses.  To do that, we'll have to reverse engineer the PIDs.  A good first start would be using something like Torque Pro and TorqueScan (Android, not familiar with what's available in iOS) to see if anything comes up.  Could also try third-party tools like http://www.auterraweb.com/dynoscan.html,

I'm not overly familiar with the process, as my car had already had its PIDs identified by the time I had purchased it.  I'll see if I can dig up any resources online for ID'ing the PIDs, I'd encourage you guys to do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to try and hook up the dongle to a Raspberry PI and then store all outcoming signals into InfluxDB, a time series database. From that info, I think, we can reverse engineer the signals. I'll keep you updated on the progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rob Kamp said:

I am going to try and hook up the dongle to a Raspberry PI and then store all outcoming signals into InfluxDB, a time series database. From that info, I think, we can reverse engineer the signals. I'll keep you updated on the progress. 

You may also have to brute force the PIDs, typically the data is a call/response type of interaction, where a signal is sent to the bus and the recipient responds with the requested data.  There's a lot of data to parse through online about CAN transactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can modify the Apple Shortcuts created on the ipaceforums.co.uk to query most of the sensors you would need and then post via the ABRP API.

The Shortcuts talk to the i-Pace’s API using your Jaguar Remote credentials.

No hardware dongles or reverse engineering required.

Might give it a crack when I get a spare moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 7:54 PM, Dunravin said:

You can modify the Apple Shortcuts created on the ipaceforums.co.uk to query most of the sensors you would need and then post via the ABRP API.

The Shortcuts talk to the i-Pace’s API using your Jaguar Remote credentials.

No hardware dongles or reverse engineering required.

Might give it a crack when I get a spare moment.

That would be great! Spare moments are a thing I find myself ever lacking.

There's two ways we could end up deploying an API tool in the end, should you write one up:

  1. Send us your code, and we run it on our server, and add a login field (like the MyTesla login) on the site to provide the API credentials
  2. Individuals run it on their own, and you send it directly to our Telemtry API

If you want to use 2 for a bit to test it out and see how well it works, shoot me an email at jason@iternio.com and I'll set you up with an API key.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Contact Us

Bo - Lead Developer and Tesla owner: bo@abetterrouteplanner.com

Jason - New Car Models, Developer and Bolt owner : jason@abetterrouteplanner.com

Idreams - Forums Administrator, Forums Developer and Tesla owner : idreams@abetterrouteplanner.com

×
×
  • Create New...