Lance Pickup

ABRP (lite?) crashes Tesla in-car browser

Description: On a trip this past weekend, the Tesla in-car browser kept crashing while running ABRP.  It would work fine for 5-10 minutes and then the browser would apparently crash.  I don't recall that there was any specific incident or activity that caused the crash.  I just had the web page up as usual and then eventually I would look over and the web browser would be gone.  I was running 2021.24.11 in the car (US Model 3) at the time.  I repeated the exercise of bringing up the web browser and getting back into ABRP repeatedly, until I finally tired of doing that and only did so a few times as I was approaching the next charging stop so I could check on Supercharger status.  On the return trip I didn't even bother with that.
Type: Web page:  abetterrouteplanner.com/lite as instructed by the full site when I first brought up the page.  Eventually I set a bookmark for the lite version an just went directly to that.
Link to Plan: N/A
Replication Steps:
  1. Get into ABRP while on a drive (with a planned route)
  2. Wait about 5-10 minutes (without actively using the site)
  3. Web browser crashes and disappears from the screen.

Hello,

Exactly the same issue with firmware 2021.36.5.5. The time needed for the browser to crash seems random. However, once it crashes, I have to reboot the TESLA UI to get back on the website again. If I'm not reseting, the browser load the page indefinitely.

Regards.

Good timing on this response.  I just got back from a trip so I had a chance to do some more testing.  I am now on 2021.36.5.3.  ABRP still crashes the web browser, but it does go quite a bit longer now without crashing.  Maybe 20-30 minutes.  But it does eventually crash.

I did not have to reboot the Tesla UI though.  Just pull the browser back up and navigate to ABRP-lite.