phsdv

Hello all

Where are you from? Eindhoven Netherlands

What car do you drive? Opel Ampera-e 2019 model

What's the longest trip you've taken in your EV? 290km and back next day. Did not make it on one charge due to cold and wet weather

How did our prediction do on the cold and wet? That's probably the weakest point of our dataset, since I added the model in Summer we have very little cold weather data analysis done yet.

I have a (troque-pro) data log from the last 2 days driving 900km in cold weather, I can share that with you if you like.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:30 PM, Jason (ABRP) said:

How did our prediction do on the cold and wet? That's probably the weakest point of our dataset, since I added the model in Summer we have very little cold weather data analysis done yet.

Now that I learned o use ABRP a bit better, I conclude that it is too optimistic.

My settings:
Car: Opel Ampera-e
Reference Consumption: 181 Wh/km at 110 km/h
Reference speed: 100% (What does this mean???)
max speed: 115 km/h   (this is the max speed I drove, is this the way to set that?)
start depart charge: 96%
charger arrival: 20%
goal arrival: 20%
outside temp: 3 C
wind: 0 m/2
road conditions: dry
extra weight 0
batter degradation: 0

For comparison I checked on leg of the trip. I added the fast charger were I did charge as a way point. According to the planner I should have arrived with 36% SOC left with 195 Wh/km, however when I arrived I only had 31% left. The distance I drove was 186 km. Thus my efficiency was 60 kWh * (96% - 31%) / 186 km = 120.9 Wh/km

Maybe one of the factors are the tires, I have winter tires, and they probably have a higher rolling resistance. But I have no idea if that can explain the difference.