dspanogle

Settings do not stick

Description: IF Ichange settigs save, then com back to websit later the changes no loger are there
Type: Was this on the Applease note what version), or webpage (which link?)
Link to Plan: If the bug is in finding a route, please copy the plan link here (found under "Share").  
Replication Steps:
  1. Replication I will need to do this on pc  Tesla browser is not easy to use

1. Steps
  2. If applicable
Remember, the more detail you can provide in your bug report, the faster we can fix it!
Edited by dspanogle

Yes. Using Chrome on desktop, cookies are allowed.  Not sure how to allow in the ABRP app or how to allow cookies in the browser in my Tesla

So, are the settings saved in cookies?  I thought they were save in the ABRP site since I have a paid subscription.  If in cookies that is not good.  I plan on my desktop then want to use the saved plan in the Tesla.   All very confusing.

Sorry for the lack of detail.  I tried to edit my post but by the time I finished the forum did not enter the changes.  Took too long to type I think.  I will try to edit again or just add another reply. .

Posted (edited)

Since I can no longer edit my post. Here are some details:

Yes, I am a user with a subscription and I am logged in in each device I use.

I assume that my settings are global and apply to each plan across each device I use (while logged in)

Here is just one example.

1. Select a saved plan and click Settings
2. Set Starting SOC to 85%   ( I would like this to be the settings for all my plans)
3. Set reference consumption to 280 WH/MI
4. Change Extra weight from 120  (set previously and seems to stick) to 200 lbs
5 Set avoid on route to Tolls and click save on that subwindow.
6 Set to Realtime Weather.
7. Click the big blue button  (that saves the settings - right?   or do I just go back with arrow???)
8. No longer see the settings because I guess the route was created.  Click back to see settings
9 Click settings.  Seem to be the same.
10 Select the same plan again from saved plans.  Click on settings.  
11. Departure SOC back to 90%.   Avoid Tolls no longer set. Etc

Other things do not stick.  Not easy to replicate.  
If I log in on the Tesla Web app, the settings may or may not be what I set in my PC desktop using Chrome.

Am I saving settings correctly?  I would like to have the same settings on a global basis.  I.E. all plans use the same settings.

Or,  are settings attached to each plan - I.E. each plan has it's own settings?

This is all very confusing.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Edited by dspanogle

The settings should be stored within your account and applied to all devices you use with ABRP.

The blue round button starts routing immediatly with the selected values. There's no function to save them extra, the values are taken after typing them in. The arrow left button closes the settings page without (re-)calculating the route.

The plans and the settings are independent from each other, unless you create a weblink, then you have the route together with the settings.

Edited by TomTomZoe

Hi @dspanogle,

Yes. Each plan has it's own settings.

Just as @TomTomZoe mentioned the settings of saved plans are independent from the general settings. If you'd like to change the settings of a saved plan you can simply save it once again. Either update an old plan or save it as a new plan.

The general setting of your account will be overwritten by the saved plan's settings when you use a saved plan. For instance if the departure SoC of your general settings is set to 85%, it will always be overwritten by the 90% SoC of the saved plan.

/Sofia