Jump to content
  • 1
Burns Fisher

Stuck adding EVNotify to car profile

Question

At one point I had EVNotify linked correctly to ABRP.  (iOS, Chevy Bolt 2019).  I am aware of the problems of EVNotify not running when it is not "in front" but it was somewhat helpful.  In the process of experimentation, I deleted that linkage, and now I can't make it happen again.  EVNotify itself is still working ok, but I can't complete the linkage in ABRP.  Perhaps I found the instructions in the forum here somewhere before, but the instructions that come up when you hit the "Link EVNotify" button tell only how to set up EVNotify.  When I touch "Done" in Link EVNotify, it dismisses the instructions but the page for selecting what to link with is still there.  And this page covers up all the other setting for the car.  There must be something I am missing in ABRP to cause it to check EVNotify, but I can't find it again.  (I included a screen show to make it clear where I am).

Any help?  Thanks!

IMG_1263.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 5/15/2021 at 2:25 AM, DimZen said:

Think you need EVnotify to reset the link for you, before you can relink to ABRP.

I had to do that with me EVnotify PnP, before I could relink.

Thanks...I'll try that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

 

On 5/15/2021 at 2:25 AM, DimZen said:

Think you need EVnotify to reset the link for you, before you can relink to ABRP.

I had to do that with me EVnotify PnP, before I could relink.

I've tried to do this--I reset the token, but I don't see anything else.  EVNotify also says that my data is linked to ABRP, but I don't see any way to change it.  Did you mean asking the EVNotify folks directly to do this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Burns Fisher said:

 

I've tried to do this--I reset the token, but I don't see anything else.  EVNotify also says that my data is linked to ABRP, but I don't see any way to change it.  Did you mean asking the EVNotify folks directly to do this?

If you reset the token, EVnotify needs to know that, so he can reset the link til ABRP.
Or he did, when I did it.
 

Edit: 
Look at this: https://github.com/EVNotify/EVNotify/issues/204

Edited by DimZen
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, DimZen said:

If you reset the token, EVnotify needs to know that, so he can reset the link til ABRP.
Or he did, when I did it.
 

Edit: 
Look at this: https://github.com/EVNotify/EVNotify/issues/204

How did you contact him with the akey?  I see that you did not put it in the issue (appropriately) and I see no actual email address anyway.   Thanks for all the help...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, Burns Fisher said:

How did you contact him with the akey?  I see that you did not put it in the issue (appropriately) and I see no actual email address anyway.   Thanks for all the help...

Mail on the page I linked to 🙂

https://github.com/EVNotify/EVNotify/issues/204#issuecomment-761595890
"
For current removal: Write me a mail with your AKey to info(at)EVNotify.de"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, Burns Fisher said:

At one point I had EVNotify linked correctly to ABRP.  (iOS, Chevy Bolt 2019).  I am aware of the problems of EVNotify not running when it is not "in front" but it was somewhat helpful.  In the process of experimentation, I deleted that linkage, and now I can't make it happen again.  EVNotify itself is still working ok, but I can't complete the linkage in ABRP.  Perhaps I found the instructions in the forum here somewhere before, but the instructions that come up when you hit the "Link EVNotify" button tell only how to set up EVNotify.  When I touch "Done" in Link EVNotify, it dismisses the instructions but the page for selecting what to link with is still there.  And this page covers up all the other setting for the car.  There must be something I am missing in ABRP to cause it to check EVNotify, but I can't find it again.  (I included a screen show to make it clear where I am).

Any help?  Thanks!

IMG_1263.PNG

This appears to have been greatly improved on the latest version.  I'm not sure if I still have to ask EVNotify to reset the link when I disconnect, but this stuff above is separated into an "instructions" section which does not cover up other stuff.  Thanks ABRP folks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@BarryH I had done that.  The problem really was that I had reset the token and ABRP and EVNotify got confused about each other.  The folks at EVNotify reset the token and all is well.  

As I mentioned above, ABRP has improved that interface a lot just in the last version as well.  Thanks!

And BTW I was trying to find where someone (you?) asked me about using EVNotify on iPhone.  I think this is going to work:  If I run EVNotify and set the screen on the iPhone never to auto-lock and then run ABRP using CarPlay, then I believe EVNotify is going to stay "on top" and work ok.  Of course that means that if I have to do something with ABRP that requires me to get to it on the phone rather than the CarPlay screen, I'll have to re-start EVNotify.  But I can see that ABRP is improving rapidly, and I see that you/they said the goal was for everything to be available from CarPlay, so this should be solved.

EVNotify said they were going to make another iPhone release "soon" which may improve that as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, BarryH said:

@Burns FisherLet me know your experience with evnotify and carplay-ABRP in parallel on the same phone. Would make the use of ABRP less complex (I now use an andriod phone with evnotify that uses my iPhone hotspot..)

@BarryH I finally got a chance to try it a bit more today and indeed, running EVNotify in the front (i.e. showing on the screen), setting Auto-Lock to "Never" and then running ABRP only using CarPlay works fine without a second phone.  Yay!  Of course if you ever have to stop and change a setting in ABRP that is not on CarPlay, you may have to re-start/reinit EVNotify.

I find that you also need to set "Override Car Position" in the car settings (two levels down) or else the tracking is really annoying.  I'm not sure whether EVNotify is actually sending location data for my Bolt or not, but the location updates are very jumpy if I don't set override.  (I'm not really sure why that would not be the default anyway..it seems likely to be quicker and more accurate even if you are getting live data).

Edited by Burns Fisher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I suppose I should also add that at least in this mode the "historical drives" all come out as charging sessions.  The actual drive appears not to be there at all.  This may related to "override car position".  I'm not sure.  I guess I should try it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, Burns Fisher said:

@BarryH I finally got a chance to try it a bit more today and indeed, running EVNotify in the front (i.e. showing on the screen), setting Auto-Lock to "Never" and then running ABRP only using CarPlay works fine without a second phone.  Yay!  Of course if you ever have to stop and change a setting in ABRP that is not on CarPlay, you may have to re-start/reinit EVNotify.

I find that you also need to set "Override Car Position" in the car settings (two levels down) or else the tracking is really annoying.  I'm not sure whether EVNotify is actually sending location data for my Bolt or not, but the location updates are very jumpy if I don't set override.  (I'm not really sure why that would not be the default anyway..it seems likely to be quicker and more accurate even if you are getting live data).

@Burns FisherWhat do you mean by Auto-lock? "Keep display active" in the evnotify settings menu or auto-lock in the iPhone settings? (would be nice if iOS had something to prevent auto lock when Carplay is active..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@BarryH Autolock in the iPhone settings.  Yes it would be nice to do that automatically in CarPlay or at least have it as an option.  I believe that I tried the "Keep Display Active" on EVNotify before to no avail.  Right now it is NOT set but it all still worked.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...