Jason-ABRP

Android Auto Feedback

I think the below ideas have been mentioned before, but just to give some more motivation:

- It would be very helpful if the part of the route that has already been driven would change color on the map display (say from blue to gray). I often plan a trip back and forth at once, since it gives the optimum charging plan for the whole trip, not just each leg on its own. In this case, the map view is quite confusing with the outgoing and returning routes overlapping and everything in the same color.

- The map display could be used more effectively while navigating a route, for example by displaying alternative charging stops along the route, with real-time availability information visually presented, for example by color (real-time availability information is after all  one of the unique selling points of ABRP). For this to be really effective though, it would also need to be easier to update a route from the head-unit while navigating it.

• Like 1

Hello,

planning a journey tomorrow evening from north of france to south of france

have abrp premium

one question : if using ABRP only via android auto than ABRP will guide me to next loading station . But how do i know to which percentage i have to load when i arrive at the loading station . I do not see this on android auto.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, Falken said:

After 1200km holiday trip I would like to write down my experience:

- ABRP did work good for the whole tour with only one freezing screen (thank you for the september update)

Thanks for your great feedback. One question on the crash/freeze you had... Did it by chance happen shortly after switching the app? For example you left ABRP and opened Spotify to adjust the music and then went back to ABRP?

There are two map view modes of the five options that I haven't really figured out.

How are the view modes indicated with a checkered flag and a route with four waypoints (see attached) supposed to work?

Apropos: Is there any documentation specifically for the AA version of ABRP?

PXL_20211023_163027554.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20211023_163020215.MP~2.jpg

Flag shows the whole route, the other one shows route to next waypoint. If you only have one waypoint/destination both modes will show the same but if you have a charge stop in-between you will see a difference. These modes are exactly the same as in the app and not AA specific.

There is no extra documentation right now. But we try to align it as close to the app as possible so the features behave the same.

• Thanks 2

On 10/13/2021 at 8:48 PM, Samuel-ABRP said:

Thanks for your great feedback. One question on the crash/freeze you had... Did it by chance happen shortly after switching the app? For example you left ABRP and opened Spotify to adjust the music and then went back to ABRP?

No, I wanted to be safe and didnt have other Apps running.

Great that interactivity of the map is increasing in recent releases.

There is still one situation in which the map is static while it feels like it should be possible to zoom and pan:

If I start a saved route from the head unit, ABRP will display an overview of the route and then I need to press "start navigation" to get to the navigation view. This map overview is static, while it feels natural that one might want to review the details of the route by zooming in and paning before navigation.

Been having serious issues with AA. 

Just done a trip into London. It keeps stopping, when I try and do anything with the AA. It days ABRP has encountered a problem. If I try anything else like going back to AA menu it says I need a premium subscription. I have one.

The phone app is running merrily away omits own with no sign of any problems.

It won't even let me switch to Google maps, it is stuck on ABRP black page. I have to restart my phone.

This was of no use whatsoever in central London traffic completely lost.

It has never done this before, but at the moment It is completely useless and dangerous.