Jason-ABRP

Android Auto Feedback

I had that once as well and deleting and adding the car again worked. Not sure what the cause was, maybe some telemetry date error. However when I had that issue it still worked to overwrite the car position (toggle should be on the right):

Screenshot_20210804-213718.thumb.png.8b13d2392e5269cb1100e5e290058a3b.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Samuel-ABRP said:

I had that once as well and deleting and adding the car again worked. Not sure what the cause was, maybe some telemetry date error. However when I had that issue it still worked to overwrite the car position (toggle should be on the right):

Screenshot_20210804-213718.thumb.png.8b13d2392e5269cb1100e5e290058a3b.png

I don't have that setting in my settings menu...must be a Premium feature or something.

No it is not. That is available when using live data which is a free non premium feature. Do you even use live data? If so you can access that setting when clicking on the gear icon of the car in settings.

Hello!

I've readen this thread and didn't found the solution of my problems....

First: I've just tested abrp with my ioniq 28K and the map is ok, position is ok, but the soc% is always on 84% (and it's the same number on my phone). If I unable the connection icone on the app, the % show the 99% I selected on the app, the number reduce automatically and return to 99 at any remap. ok, but why the automatic read data is not functionning ?

Second question, I've tried very hard but I can't get the graph of battery / alt on the car tablet with AA. What should I do to get this screen ?

Thank you in advance and sorry if these question are dumb...

Hi,

In Android Auto there currently is no SoC graph like in the app. Just watch the arrival SoC, that gives a good indication as well wether you should drive faster or slower. I do it like this since the beginning of ABRP on AA and it works very well.

Which live data source do you use? I did not fully understand the first part about the SoC but i assume you have live data running and the SoC always is reset to the initial value?

Suggestion to add overall ETA in bottom left corner. The black status info in the bottom left corner only show the ETA till the next stop. Maybe you could also add the overall ETA for the trip?

Not sure yet how to do it as there is no way to toggle through the times from android auto, we would have to add an additional button to toggle the times but those are limited as well. Will think about it and check what other possibilities we have.

I just downloaded this today.  I have followed the instructions to the letter on getting the two apps to play nice together a half dozen times now.  No dice, no joy, nothing.  I cannot get the real time SOC to show on ABRP from torque pro.  I don't know what else to do to make this work.

If life data shows up in the app it also shows up in Android auto, so please try to get it to work with the app first as it is easier to see if it works. Which car do you use? Maybe there is another easier solution using Evnotify or similar.

I think I discovered the issue.  An option on torque pro was not checked (updoad data to website).  Upon checking that option, everything immediately came alive.  Thank you for the help.

• Like 1

Hi, I like to have the 3D-view on the head unit and the next-step-view on the phone, which generally works (4.0.48(515)). Both seem to start using the same view. Now when I change the view on the phone the view on the head unit also changes to the selected view. Now I can toggle through the available views on the head unit. I'd prefer to have the views on both displays completely independent.

Also on the "next step" view the current position and the destination are right on the edge of the screen which makes them hard to see. Having some distance to the screen edge would be nice.

Apart from that yesterdays 800km drive went quite smooth (using live data).

The new 3D view and the visual indicator of live SoC connection work really well and are great steps forward in terms of usability. Excellent.

The SoC on arrival prediction is also good help once you figure out what it is telling you. I wonder if the icon could be more descriptive. As is, it is unclear by just looking at it if it refers to SoC at next waypoint or at final destination (of course only the former makes sense but it took me a while to get it).

Finally, as mentioned before, it would be great to be able to delete a waypoint from the current route on the head unit. It happens that ABRP doesn't register a stop and then it keeps sending you back to a stop that is already done.

• Like 1

If you add waypoints to force a specific route use guidepoints instead. Guidepoints do not force you to stop at a specific point, so if you miss it due to GPS inaccuracies or whatever it still continues the route without sending you back.

• Thanks 1

Hi!
This is my first message since it has come out that ABRP goes to premium the android auto system, to continue using it it is necessary to be premium
My name is Javi, I am Spanish (sorry for the English of the text since I used google translate) I have a Kia Eniro Long Range and I have been using this summer ABRP for my vacations and the AA option I have used it a lot, that is if planning and selecting chargers and roads since from the car screen ABRP does not let you touch ANYTHING
For my ABRP + Android auto this as we say in Spanish "it's half done "esta a medio hacer" and let me explain
- You cannot change the size of the map, that is, I want to see the map bigger to see the route, it doesn't let me, sometimes it is interesting to see the route it proposes but there is NO way, this is something common in a Waze-type browser, Maps ... does not let you ABRP
- As I said before, it does not let you choose alternative chargers, sometimes the charger that it tells you to use does not interest you, you know that it is damaged or you know another in the area, this is a bit of a drag because if or if you have to go to charge where He wants to, and sometimes it does not matter, he has to plan with the mobile or go to the computer, cumbersome! If you decide to ignore the charger and skip it, there is no way to cancel it, there is only a "gross" option to cancel the route, recreate the route with the destination and then if you're lucky, the route with the charger you are interested in comes out.
- It continues to have bugs, sometimes it has happened to me that it has been trapped, it is time to stop the car, disconnect the mobile, close ABRP and reopen it, sometimes even restart the mobile, this with the latest beta before the version final what did you get
I think you have gone ahead with moving it to a premium version, I think the APP needs more improvements, they have potential but there are missing options
And to finish in my case I only need the Android Auto since the rest of the premium options do not interest me, I find that paying everything for just the option of having the operational screen does not attract me to take it, I know that for those of you who do ABRP it is easier A unique package with everything, except for my vacation trip, I travel 1-2 times a month using ABRP since the rest of the trips I know that I do not need to load or they are routes that I already have controlled and I know where to go, where to load and the application or I use it (I better use other apps because of the traffic in real time)
Cheers

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, Samuel-ABRP said:

Hi,

once the route is started, you are not able to see an overview of the route again right now. May i ask, why you need an overview of the route during navigation? I don't think other navigation apps show you the complete route again inbetween.

What is possible however is that your passenger opens the ABRP app on the connected phone, changes the route and sends it to Android Auto which will automatically load the new route and continue navigation on that new route.

TomTom does! Is very handy to anticipate for traffic jam during a long route.

Hi guys,

I have a very hacky setup on my phone running Lineage 18.1 with microG. I have AA fully working with the only exception that ABRP is not recognized by AA unlike all other relevant apps. Any idea what is handled differently by ABRP or what dependency I might be missing? I already have google maps and ttl as system apps. Otherwise ABRP runs just fine.

I fully understand that I cannot expect support given my setup but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:59 PM, R2L said:

TomTom does! Is very handy to anticipate for traffic jam during a long route.

You can switch to the route overview now on the AA screen using the { 3D / compass / north / destination / route overview } button. Each tap on the button will change the view (round-robin).

Now that AA capability is in the public version, does that mean that even beta testers need to sign up for premium for it to work?  That seems to be the case for me -- Pixel 3A running latest version of Android Auto, in the ABRP beta program, version shows as 4.0.50 (520), Kia Niro EV EX Premium (US version) with latest nav/head unit update, live data through Torque Pro

Beta does not mean you get free Android Auto (or premium features for free). As navigation apps on Android Auto were just recently allowed, the whole thing was still a bit shaky so we decided to offer it for free in the beginning to get feedback we could also offer to google. Now everything is more stable and we decided to turn AA into a premium feature. BTW you can not use other premium features in beta as well. Car Play for example was never free.

I was also trying the beta of android auto, never used because it was totally broken. Now that it's paid, it's substantially improved? I can't see myself paying a subscription to access a proof of concept, not even a beta

Not a single button was working on screen, the position wasn't updating, the cursor wasn't moving 

Now the situation is better? 

You don't pay for AA but for premium and AA is just an additional premium feature, without any additional cost for the premium subscription. It didn't even get more expensive although you get more features now.

That it didn't work for you might have been a very rare case. I can't remember any feedback for AA from your side.  So I do not see any reason for complaints here, as we have lots of users that confirmed that it works and we indeed solved lots of bugs based on user feedback. However we can't solve bugs we do not know about.

I was trying AA as Beta but it didnt work at all. The position of the car was not updating.

Renault Zoe, LG G5
My guess was that ABRP was using GPS antenna of the mobile phone and there was no GPS on the phone tray in the Zoe.
Google maps and Waze works fine.
So I really would like to know if ABRP is using the GPS antenna of the car and if this is working now fine?
As in beta test it didnt work I dont want to pay for this feature without know it works.
Thanks for a reply.