Android Auto Feedback

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Google is pretty restrictive with Android Auto we have not so much control on the UI. For example there are no touch events allowed on the map right now, that we could use to implement a zoom in/ou

We have something planned to get back to drive mode in a way that you can see data again. It's not completely in place yet but will eventually be available.

Posted Images

Performance:
  • I planned my route and set my start % and sent it to abrp android auto, it took 3 times of sending for the android auto to respond.
  • It was running very warm on the phone, seemed to take a lot more resource than waze, google etc
  • At one point my cable became unplugged, when i plugged back in, abrp resumed the route but had forgotten my start %, it was back to 100%
    i could set it in the phone app but it would not send to android auto, it said it did but nothing changed on android auto. 
    i had to force-close android auto and phone abrp, re do everything and eventually it was back - thankfully i had a passenger.
  • Entering a tunnel at a cruise controlled set speed for a few minutes, when i exited the tunnel, the estimated map location was off (behind)

Needed features - because the car navigation has them and this needs them if it is to be used instead of the car:
Show current gps speed
Show speed limit
Distance to speed cameras and warnings

I'm very happy ABRP has gone AA! I ran into 2 issues, though.

1. When using Android Auto place names are not rotated correctly. As a consequence, when driving southbound place names are displayed upside down.

2. When using Android Auto there is no way to show the detailed graph for elevation and estimated course of SoC on the car device (proposal: could be invoked with a click on the estimated SoC on arrival). The graph can be shown on the smartphone, but only at the first start after starting navigation. Later there seems to be no way to show the graph for the active navigation.

I think, parts of my observation have been reported in posts by someone else.

Best

Uwe

• Like 1

This morning I used the ABRP app in android car. I'm very happy with it!

A few things worth mentioning:

-It took a very long time at first to calculate the instructions and it seems that the whole system takes a lot of calculating capabilities form the phone (maybe that's just a problem concerning my phone though).

-Uses huge amount of data via 4G. 

-I left with a 'virtual' 29% in my battery, which would be not enough to get to my workplace. The programm arranged for me to charge at a fastcharger close by. However, I did not need to charge so I past it and presumed that the software would recalculate a new route and send me to a fastcharger along the highway. However, it kept sending me back to the first charger it found, so in the end it gave me instructions to drive 60 km back to charge to the first charger it had found. I passed numerous fastchargers along the road wich were not busy. I think the software should be more flexible to recalculate to go to a more appropriate charger along the road if you choose to ignore the first option.

-It could be wise to change the colour of the road that has past. With everything in blue it can be a bit confusing at times when you get to an intersection, or when you have to backtrack a bit. 

Thanks for all the good work!

Please uninstall and Install again, some people reported problems after an update to beta. Please also send ma a private message with your account mail that you used when this happened, then I can check if there is anything in the logs.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, AlistairB said:

My telematics data wasn't connected, but an old SOC still showed up, and as I drove it seemed to keep thinking that the old telematics SOC was live and update the destination SOC. e.g. the last telematics SOC update was 42% from the day before, ABRP predicted I would use 6% for my drive. At the start the destination SOC was 36% but as I drove it kept a current SOC of 42% and gradually moved to a destination SOC of 42% by the time I arrived. 

I could reproduce this behavior and we will fix this soon.

• Like 1

Thank you for this great beta test. Here are my issues

1) I have the issue that the GPS position in ABRP is sometimes off by 50 meters (mostly to the west). Today it happened that during a drive on the motorway A5 I was placed on a parallel road and ABRP recalculated my route.

2) Also an issue is that ABRP keeps rotating while the car is stationary which was mentioned before. Maybe suppress some GPS location noise or at least keep the orientation?

3) The planned arrival SoC is way too low for me (especially on motor way trips). I have set a maximum speed in ABRP that I don't exceed except for rare overtakes. Today ABRP told me I would arrive with 45% but I arrived with 49%. I did already reduce the consumption from 263 Wh/km to 198 Wh/km since it was even more off before. But either ABRP is not using this new figure (maybe due to the link to Tronity?) or the calculations for my I-Pace EV320 are way off since my consumption according to the Jaguar app was 231Wh/km at a speed of 102 kmh.

Keep on improving

4.0.40 (392):

I like the zoom at junctions, although the functionality seems not to work in all situations where you expect it, e.g. on roundabouts.

It feels that recalculation the route goes quicker.

It seems to try to recalculate to the old route, although there is a better / quicker route to the destination.

Don't know if the icons in the top right are new, but I find them useful.

Already mentioned by others but the turning of the map before the turn is made is distracting and sometimes confusing.

Overall the AA integration works really good already. Kudos to all of you! Live data from EV Notify is very handy.

Grtz,

John

• Like 1

Hi everyone

Thanks for providing the Android Auto funcionality. I tried a couple of times, small trips.

I have a Nissan Leaf, 2018, 40 kWh (do not know the version of the software) but I do not have live status from the car.

I have a Xiaomi POCO X3 NFC with the latest updates.

I am from Portugal.

Here is my feedback:

- In my case, the phone needs to be awake and with ABRP in first plan. If I start another application or put screen off, whenever I stop, either in a junction or semaphore, it stops the navigation (updating the GPS position) on AA. If I awake the phone again or showing ABRP, it resumes the navigation.

- The phone heats a lot, which does not happen if I have ABRP on the phone and google maps on AA.

- ABRP calculates some routes that I cannot actually take (one way streets or something like that). And I think this is not related to a delay in updating maps, because those streets are like that a long time ago.

- Maybe you did an update, but in my case, if I do not take the calculated route and go a different way, it takes a bit (not too long) but recalculates the route to where I am going.

- The %SOC visible on AA does not update until I exit from AA and restart a new plan from the app.

- Regarding voice directions, I need to confirm, but on 2021-04-14, it started speaking english and with the english notes. On 2021-04-15, it started speaking portuguese but with some notes in portuguese and others in english.

Otherwise, it is working great. I just need to adjust my consumption in ABRP, to reflect real consumption.

Thanks

Filipe Almeida

For Xiaomi you have to disable energy saver settings for ABRP, that's a problem with xiaomi android.

You can check translations for your language here and help improve them:

https://github.com/iternio/abrp-translations

If instructions or routes are wrong please report them here with samples:

Once new beta is available, please update and check again, we did some improvements regarding SoC handling.