Car Play Feedback

This thread is for feedback on Car Play.  If you've got directions feedback, please submit that to this thread instead:

This thread should be focused on the specific elements and performance of CarPlay styling, capabilities and features, and overall usage flow of ABRP in Car Play.

Hi - I’ve mentioned this isn’t the direction thread too, but I’d really like to see current GPS speed in the app and on CarPlay.

This may already be in the latest version, which I haven’t had chance to try yet, but I’d like there to be the + and - battery buttons shown in CarPlay so that those of us without live driving data can adjust the actual SoC, as necessary, through CarPlay.

I have just tried the latest CarPlay version for the first time and I think it would definitely be good to have a way of setting the start SoC, and then also adjusting it during a drive if consumption is more or less than expected.

As far as I can tell, at the moment I still have to grab my phone to change the SoC.

• 3 weeks later...

The navigation is kinda unreliable, GPS keep jumping away from the roads. It looks worse with CarPlay.

My set up:

* Mini Cooper SE - CapPlay

* iPhone 11, ABPR - CatPlay

* Electrified (Old work android Honor phone feedbasking to ABPR we interface)

It might be that Electrified feedbacks strange locations into ABPR, that overrides what the app is getting and than makes everything strange. The positions in the drive logs looks a bit off. And also in these positions i got really strange navigation. 

Screenshot 2021-02-28 164942.png

16 hours ago, Balp said:

* Electrified (Old work android Honor phone feedbasking to ABPR we interface)

It might be that Electrified feedbacks strange locations into ABPR, that overrides what the app is getting and than makes everything strange. The positions in the drive logs looks a bit off. And also in these positions i got really strange navigation.

I found a app setting, to override the setting and use the GPS in the phone, I'll try a drive with that to see if that solves this issue.

8 hours ago, Balp said:

I found a app setting, to override the setting and use the GPS in the phone, I'll try a drive with that to see if that solves this issue.

All the strange positioning comes from electrified, with the override car position in phone it works much more stable.

• General feedback, could uses the phone screen more for upcomming navigation information when in CapPlay mode, if you compare to Waze it's turs of the map fully in the phone and only have that in the car.
  • Connecting and Disconneting the phone makes recalcuation the route a bit different. I guess CarPlay uses ios navigation and routing not availabe when carplay is disconected.

• 1 month later...

Overall I’m a happy premium user, using ABRP with CarPlay in my Ioniq. One request for improvement: As soon as the first voice instruction is given by ABRP, my radio mutes and doesn’t come back anymore. Other navigation apps (Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps) don’t have this issue.

I thought I read someone else posting the same bug in this forum but couldn’t find it back anymore.

I would love to be able to operate abrp with just the carplay display. So planing a route, updating soc in case there is no live data etc. all that should be possible just using carplay.

I usually store my cell phone while driving - I do not like to have some kind of additional holder - it always feels clutched...

• Like 2