Jason-ABRP

Directions Feedback

Hello,

That's Ömur from Sweden, Gothenburg, with love,

I would like to give my overall feedback so far:

- AA ABRP and app shows current SOC and arrival SOC on the right bottom corner. I actually would like to see the indicated charging time before arrival.

- Charger availability is shown but for e.g. if it's all red (unavailable) and I am heading towards it (with couple of minutes left to arrive), I would like to dismiss (replace) that particular charging point and navigate to a different yet close (reachable) one. If I cancel the route on the road and then try to create a new one, normally, ABRP still directs me to the unavailable charger and we just wait there whereas nearby station might be available elsewhere. Then afterwards it gets really cumbersome to get to a different charger. I understand this request contradicts with "minimum SOC at charger arrival" limit, but I would like ABRP to ask as "If you accept to go down to %17 instead of %20, I can get you to this charger instead".

- It would actually be great if ABRP can detect climate control on/off somehow. The vehicle itself updates instantly the dashboard accordingly but not ABRP, maybe that data is not accessible to ABRP at all (I might create custom vehicle profiles for climate on/off but that's not ideal).

- It has been written before, but I would like to see speed cameras on ABRP.

- Sometimes, "Quickest Arrival" option is not the quickest, other prioritization options result in quicker arrivals,

- Logically thinking, setting charging stop arrival and departure to 0 and 100 (setting free off the limits) should let the ABRP to come up with fastest plan. Yet for example, it is possible that ABRP creates a lot quicker route with %80 upper limit, but does not come up with it first. I suspect that "Charging overhead" setting might have a role in this.

- Overall I am very happy with the app, but when you need to recalculate the route on the go due to missed turn or unavailable charger or any other thing, user experience gets complicated and worsens.

- Some chargers are shown as 4 x 175kW but when you arrive there, it is actually 175, 60, 22 and 22kW.

- There should also be an option to specify upper limit for the charger power. I don't want to keep 350kW charger busy with my 77kW capped charging speed (and pay premium prices for premium stations),

That's all for now, keep up the amazing work, you made all this possible!

Kind regards,

Ömur

31 minutes ago, omurcankayaokay said:

Hello,

That's Ömur from Sweden, Gothenburg, with love,

I would like to give my overall feedback so far:

- AA ABRP and app shows current SOC and arrival SOC on the right bottom corner. I actually would like to see the indicated charging time before arrival.

- Charger availability is shown but for e.g. if it's all red (unavailable) and I am heading towards it (with couple of minutes left to arrive), I would like to dismiss (replace) that particular charging point and navigate to a different yet close (reachable) one. If I cancel the route on the road and then try to create a new one, normally, ABRP still directs me to the unavailable charger and we just wait there whereas nearby station might be available elsewhere. Then afterwards it gets really cumbersome to get to a different charger. I understand this request contradicts with "minimum SOC at charger arrival" limit, but I would like ABRP to ask as "If you accept to go down to %17 instead of %20, I can get you to this charger instead".

- It would actually be great if ABRP can detect climate control on/off somehow. The vehicle itself updates instantly the dashboard accordingly but not ABRP, maybe that data is not accessible to ABRP at all (I might create custom vehicle profiles for climate on/off but that's not ideal).

- It has been written before, but I would like to see speed cameras on ABRP.

- Sometimes, "Quickest Arrival" option is not the quickest, other prioritization options result in quicker arrivals,

- Logically thinking, setting charging stop arrival and departure to 0 and 100 (setting free off the limits) should let the ABRP to come up with fastest plan. Yet for example, it is possible that ABRP creates a lot quicker route with %80 upper limit, but does not come up with it first. I suspect that "Charging overhead" setting might have a role in this.

- Overall I am very happy with the app, but when you need to recalculate the route on the go due to missed turn or unavailable charger or any other thing, user experience gets complicated and worsens.

- Some chargers are shown as 4 x 175kW but when you arrive there, it is actually 175, 60, 22 and 22kW.

- There should also be an option to specify upper limit for the charger power. I don't want to keep 350kW charger busy with my 77kW capped charging speed (and pay premium prices for premium stations),

That's all for now, keep up the amazing work, you made all this possible!

Kind regards,

Ömur

And also, seeing charger speed during the planning step would be nice.

(I could not find the "edit your post" button, where is it?)

I must say after 1 month with a new Kia EV6, a Bluetooth ODB2 dongle and ABRP running in CarPlay I absolutely love it. However…we had an almost comical situation with the directions where ABRP was flummoxed and insisting I turn left repeatedly in the space of 20-30 seconds. It was annoying enough instead of sorting out what the issue was I have turned off the voice guidance in ABRP and use Waze’s guidance instead. Since I’m also still relying on Waze’s other features such as traffic, stopped cars, crap on the road, police and so on I think I might be a bit tough to bring over fully onto the ABRP platform as my only navigation app. Instead I find it useful as overall route planner in terms of where are aiming for over the next hour and keeper of electron anxiety while waze and I sort out the details second by second as we blast down the roads here in Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia. (And no there are zero CCS chargers in W Virgina so we’ll be hypermiling through that EV black hole until Elon opens up US Superchargers and adds CCS plugs.)