LiamWhales

[New Car] MG MG5 EV

Btw @LiamWhales if you have the header for the EV specific commands, it should work pretty well with ABRP already, on MG ZS EV that header was 781, so if you know the one from MG5 i can use that one already to avoid the toggling of values due to multiple responses.

Hi @Samuel-ABRP

I've added the headers and simplified the PID formulas etc. all a lot simpler now. There's a few extra here. The one to show whether the car is charging is not working correctly but the one to show whether a charger is connected to the car is working fine so that may be a better one to use.

mg5_data.csv

• Like 1

Yeah the SoC is from the BMS with the buffer's included whereas the Car shows the SoC without the buffer's. I've not been able to find the display SoC PID but I do have a method for scanning through all the PID's. Just again a matter of finding time to spend on it.

I used the eZS android application (Thai version for mg 5) with my icar obd dongle....

i succeed to connect it to my MG ZS EV MKII...

and like you said... it is possible to get live data of the VCU but not from the BMS...

with the eZS app I can follow my battery usage while I'm driving... even if all BMS information is not displayed...

You can have a look on my photos I posted on the forum "www.mgevs.com"  thread "thai-android-app-2022-latest-version.5141/"

Hi

Since I provided the updated PID's the live SoC doesn't seem to be working. The issue with the SoC looking different might be to do with me removing a part of the formula I'd had in which attempted to make it roughly similar to the displayed SoC. I've added that back in for the below file if that helps.

mg5_data.csv

Hi! I'm using ABRP with my MG5 SR (Germany) in combination with an OBD2 adapter. However, the SoC reported by ABRP ist different from what's shown by the infotainment - I saw 3-7% differences. 

Is the latest profile posted by @LiamWhales already active in ABRP? 

In case any further data is helpful, please let me know.