Jason-ABRP

Volkswagen ID

On 11/22/2020 at 4:56 PM, conny said:

@Jason (ABRP) could you please explain how to use the second option, 

• Drive a plan with the browser active, and update your actual battery percentage in the browser.

And will that uppdate the car calculation model also?

Ah, that option is from before the new app. It never worked very well, but I think it's still present.  That said, we've found it doesn't produce great results on modelling, so I should probably go back and delete that from the data requests.

29 minutes ago, Jason (ABRP) said:

Ah, that option is from before the new app. It never worked very well, but I think it's still present.  That said, we've found it doesn't produce great results on modelling, so I should probably go back and delete that from the data requests.

Okay, thanks for your reply. Ill continue to work on finding that PIDs for reading out the data we need from the CAN-gateway of my ID.3

Lets stay in touch.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cDlLxhUQsuCXLG0h_SnDPX8BIy0VpI32jDNrInWsMrA/htmlview

A superb German YouTuber called „ Battery life“does intensive consumption and charging tests with different continous speeds on ID 3. 58 kw and ID plus S 77 kw 

his test are in English. He publishes his informative results for everyone on google docs See link above. 
if the link does not work go to his you tube account description under the tests he offers access with the direct data links to google data. 
just in case you do not know already. 
thx Marc 

The ID.3 with smallest battery pack (45 kWh net) has now officially been released. Currecntly, there are three versions:

• Pure Performance, 110 kW, AC: 7.2 kW, DC: 50 kW
  • City, 110 kW, AC: 7.2 kW, DC: 100 kW
  • Style, 110 kW, AC: 7.2 kW, DC: 100 kW

Charging times:

• at 7.2 kW, 0..100%: 7h30m
  • at 50 kW, 5..80%: 0h42m
  • at 100 kW, 5..80%: 0h31m

Please make available a config option for 45 kWh battery pack and 100 kW charging

https://www.electrive.net/2021/01/21/vw-id-3-verkauf-mit-kleinem-akku-startet/
https://www.volkswagen.de/idhub/content/dam/onehub_master/pc/models/id-3/VW-ID3-Ausstattungsvergleich.pdf
https://www.volkswagen.de/de/modelle-und-konfigurator/id3.html?---={"modelle-und-konfigurator_id3_sectiongroup_7331634_featureappsection"%3A"%2F%2B%2F0"}#MOFA

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 3:00 PM, Witold Baryluk said:

Do you have some github repo maybe where you document it or something? Would be great. Thanks!

The PID list (but its a UDS SID and DID list) for ID.3 is finished for now, it will be published on my Github page soon. I only want to finish some of the description and the readme info. My plan is to have it published latest 15/2. 

On 1/28/2021 at 3:46 AM, Jason (ABRP) said:

Great work @conny!  Looking forward to seeing your work in action!

@edgarw - Thanks for the data points, I've added that option to the car model picker (It'll show up as one final selection tier after picking the 45kWh ID.3).

I went on a 2000 km drive this week with support from ABRP. I used the integration with EvNotify also, but right now only SOC, speed and location is sent to ABRP. But soon, all the parameters will come as soon as they are implemented in EvNotify.

2021-01-28 15.44.28.jpg

12 minutes ago, Tomi Smrkoj said:

Conny, 

maybe a little offtopic, but do you think that these PIDs could be used also on Audi Etron?

Or at least, how did you define them in ID? 

Tomi

I'm pretty sure that they don't work for Audi e-tron. But you never know? I have put in a massive amount of time to find the PID for the ID.3 and probably for the ID.4 also. And the same method could work for the e-tron. But i'm not sure.

The parameters are very specific for each car model.

17 hours ago, conny said:

I'm pretty sure that they don't work for Audi e-tron. But you never know? I have put in a massive amount of time to find the PID for the ID.3 and probably for the ID.4 also. And the same method could work for the e-tron. But i'm not sure.

The parameters are very specific for each car model.

Hi,

before asking you to advise me about using your method, the most important question to me is whether this method could possibly introduce some expensive, dealer repair only, bricking errors to the car?

Tomi

11 hours ago, Tomi Smrkoj said:

Hi,

before asking you to advise me about using your method, the most important question to me is whether this method could possibly introduce some expensive, dealer repair only, bricking errors to the car?

Tomi

In my opinion, the method I used could not brick the car, but of course there is some risks involved with finding out the parameters, but the risk is almost 0% for the people that use ut, for me that do a lot of testing to find out them, may have a higher risk of problems, but never destroy anything or brick the car.

We are using commands that ask for values from the car ECU, we never write, when writing you are exposed for more of a risk.

But for the things we do, naaa, no risk in my opinion.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:46 AM, Jason (ABRP) said:

Great work @conny!  Looking forward to seeing your work in action!

@edgarw - Thanks for the data points, I've added that option to the car model picker (It'll show up as one final selection tier after picking the 45kWh ID.3).

Hi @Jason (ABRP)How much data do you have now from my ID.3 and others? Enough to make some statements on the consumption profile?

And for example on my car it shows 205Wh/km, but is that with heating usage removed, or how do you find the correlation between speed and consumption and temperature and consumption, is it possible for you to show a 3D diagram of it for my car for example? 

image.thumb.png.7020ff79ec06328ace0a8d76187274b8.png

I tried EVNotify together with ABRP in my ID3. After some trying it works. Did some first test rides.

Average consumption over the first 8000km is 15,7 kWh/100km.

Including Winter it is now 17 total average.

Will use it on a longer trip with two bicycles an will keep the app running.

I will get my new ID.4 soon. It has 52 kWh battery and 100 kW DC-charger. Could you add this combination to ABRP, since now there is only 50 kW for this battery.

FWIW, we just returned from a long road trip in our ID.4 with EVNotify tracking, and here is the consumption confidence display and reference consumption:

image.png.0316fa222ad74368089aa1d01d11b120.png

image.png.18a677406ea83b56c85e37f76fec413f.png

That seems almost too good to me (4.3 mi/kWh) and is certainly significantly better than the default for the ID.4 of 310 Wh/mi.  I will say that during the last leg ABRP was a bit optimistic in its SOC predictions.  Prior to the last leg the consumption was around 249-254 Wh/mi and I felt we were getting very good predictions.

That said, other ID.4 owners my wife has been talking to claim that they have to increase the consumption in ABRP from 310 Wh/mi to 344-350 Wh/mi to get good correlation, but this is only anecdotal.  We may be efficient drivers, but I think it would take some serious effort to consume over 310 Wh/mi in the ID.4!

Hopefully my data has made it somewhere that is visible and helpful to the team.  I can't say that I captured good charging curves as we both had difficulties with charging stations at times, and I typically took my phone with me away from the car while charging, but my sense is the predicted charge times were pretty accurate.