Sign in to follow this  
Kvocal

Basic how-to

Where are you from? Los Angeles

What car do you drive?  Tesla Model 3

What's the longest trip you've taken in your EV?

I haven't hasn't as of yet taken any trips in my Tesla. Just found this page in and this application and I am trying my best to understand how it works. My biggest difficulty thus far has been trying to find a basic how-to. How to save the trips and bring them back how to register my Tesla for data gathering. How to change from kilometers to miles.

There isn't really a basic how-to available, but feel free to ask for help on specific items on the forum, there are a lot of people willing to help!

For your questions:

• To save and restore a trip - Plan your trip, then on the plan page click "Save Plan".  To reload that plan, go to the waypoint listing and click "Saved Plans", you should see your saved plan in that list.  You can edit the trip name there to something more easy to remember.  Clicking on that plan pulls it back up.
  • To register MyTesla - Go to "Show Settings > Show More Settings > Live Car Connection > MyTesla Login".  You'll be prompted to input your credentials and offered a choice of how to share your data.  If you select "36hr Background Sharing", we'll poll your car for 36 hours and reset that timer any time you open / log into ABRP.
  • To synchronize your settings - Register for ABRP under "Show Settings > Show More Settings > Synchronize Settings > ABRP Login", anywhere you log in you'll have access to the last set of settings you planned with, and all your saved plans.  We don't store your MyTesla credentials on our servers, though so you'll have to re-enter that on any device you want to see live data on.
  • Swapping units - "Show Settings > Show More Settings > Imperial | Metric" click on the imperial radio button to swap to Miles / Fahrenheit and other freedom units.

Thanks so much for the response.  Just like anything else it will take time to fully understand how the software works in conjunction with the car.  A video tutorial would be helpful.  I am sure there are a number of people that give up on the software because it is not as intuitive as some iOs and Android apps.  I think sometimes us technology guys forget that a lot of people don't have the time or the desire to figure out the technology.  If the desire is to spurn user ship I think it would be beneficial to provide tools for new people, and those who are not as literate when it comes to technology.  My pain point came when I try to plan a trip an hour or two before leaving after I learned that the software existed. Because of the limited time I just gave up because I couldn't find what I needed in one place.