edgarw

Access Hyundai BlueLink data via WebAPI

Description:  In a closed facebook group, a user mentioned, that Hyundai's BlueLink can be accessed via a WebAPI. Integrating this, all (in US, from 2019/2020 models  in the EU) Hyundai and KIA (I guess) vehicles' data can be accessed via that API

Use Case: Car data acces Tesla style without needing to use ODBII and/or helper apps

That facebook post was about this app (free and paif for version available), which uses that API.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gotnoname.bluelinkify.free
Developer's fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/stianandre.thoresen

A user in that discussion thread mentioned, that it accesses a WebAPI, I've asked him for info/link about it.

That'd be great! We actually have a system set up to poll APIs, as you mentioned for the Tesla logins.  It was designed to be easily expandable once we gain enough knowledge about another API.  The main things we'd need from the API to make it useful to you (in order of importance):

1. SoC
  2. Speed
  3. Lat/Lon
  4. Power
  5. Any other data about the car's status (health, temperature, voltage, current, etc)

If we can get those things relatively frequently, we can make a really good tool!  Of course, once we find enough about the API to start building, we'd need someone with an actual Hyundai to help us out so we can test the telemetry calls out.

• Like 1

That'd be great, and even greater if such access would be available for VW

I've received an answer, not from the developer, but from that guy in the thread. The project is inofficial, it's an API wrapper. I've yet neither found if the API is officially open, nor if it covers Kia aswell. And as I have a pre facelift Ioniq, that is not bluelink enabled in EU, I'm not able to help unfortunately, but I'll post quests for help in the Ioniq, Kona and e-Niro groups I'm in if you decide to start implementing 🙂

https://github.com/Hacksore/bluelinky

So seems like a lot of those things are possible to get from the bluelink endpoints. I think making something that can work is possible so I'm down to help with whatever is needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 1:46 PM, Hacksore said:

So seems like a lot of those things are possible to get from the bluelink endpoints. I think making something that can work is possible so I'm down to help with whatever is needed.

Sounds great! I think the first order of business is for us to expand our poller so we can easily incorporate additional manufacturer methods like BlueLinky.  As far as parameters which can be retrieved - if we have SoC only that's workable.  It'll take a long time to calibrate correctly though.  Calibration is much faster if we can get Power data from the battery pack (input/output) and much more accurate we've found.

Of course, if it's not possible, that's a limitation we'll have to deal with.

Edited by Jason (ABRP)
Added details on desired parameters