[Live Data] AutoPi Car Support

On 1/11/2021 at 6:44 AM, TheRussian said:

Actually no, anything specific.

I don't have the premium live features. It's not a pattern, it's just like a constant "factor" across the entire trip, it's always about 8-10% error...

Interesting, we actually ran into something very similar with the Model 3 a while ago and implemented a speed calibration where it compares to the GPS from your phone (assuming you've got ABRP open while driving) to correct any errors from your speedometer.  Perhaps this is contributing? Do you run with ABRP while driving, or just make the plan and drive it, then check at stops?

If you do run with ABRP open, maybe there's something else odd going on.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The AutoPi ABRP script is to a point where I'm much happier with its behavior.  If there's interest, I'd be happy to add car support for the cars we know PIDs for (mainly Ioniq and Soul), but I need p

I've done another test this morning, I can confirm that during this test the charging power and SOC are updated correctly, so it must have been something else than your script (maybe carrier coverage

Great to hear! Feel free to PM me or email me if you've got questions on how to make it work. Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Posted Images

I've seen the same issue in my Kona, where the default model is always at least 10% wrong (as in, it plans for me to be at 10% and I end up there with at least 20%). When I aded live data with the premium features, it put my calibrated reference consumption at 4.11 (which is probably too optimistic as well 🙂 ) instead of the default 3.35.

15 hours ago, SamCentUn said:

I've seen the same issue in my Kona, where the default model is always at least 10% wrong (as in, it plans for me to be at 10% and I end up there with at least 20%). When I aded live data with the premium features, it put my calibrated reference consumption at 4.11 (which is probably too optimistic as well 🙂 ) instead of the default 3.35.

The default models purposefully include at 10% buffer in consumption, as I understand it.

I’m so far finding 3.8 mi/kWh to be a good reference figure for the Kona, maybe a little more.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:11 AM, Bill N said:

The default models purposefully include at 10% buffer in consumption, as I understand it.

I’m so far finding 3.8 mi/kWh to be a good reference figure for the Kona, maybe a little more.

Exactly right, we do that intentionally with the assumption that experienced users will set a consumption that more accurately reflects their driving style, while the default is very noob-mistake-friendly.

• Like 1