Aznbull

Drivers weight included in router planner ?

We all know how weight/wind/wether has a huge effect on the range of all EV's, so I was thinking how many people the router planner is including when it calculate ? Is it driver only or does it also take account for possible front seat  passenger, or is it a car full ( 5 people) without luggage ?
In case that the driver is the only "weight" that is included in the calculation, wouldn't it be obvious to state that the driver is around " xxxxx amount" of kg ? I know that we have the possibility to add more weight under more settings, but it only state that more weight is trailer or heavy cargo.
All those information I've listed above is quiet crucial for a family using this site to calculate or estimate the time travelling from home to a vacation destination.

• Thanks 1

I was also wondering about this feature.  My IONIQ uses significantly more energy when I've got the whole family on board with some luggage than it does for just me - especially if there are some largish elevation changes to deal with along the way.  It would be nice to know exactly how we should use this field to account for additional passengers as well as cargo, etc.

Cheers

OB

Definitely include it in your settings, at the moment we only account for weight when it comes to elevation changes.  We're working on the best way to account for it when it comes to rolling resistance (gets complicated when dealing with calibrated consumption when driving on a road trip).

On 5/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, Jason (ABRP) said:

Definitely include it in your settings, at the moment we only account for weight when it comes to elevation changes.  We're working on the best way to account for it when it comes to rolling resistance (gets complicated when dealing with calibrated consumption when driving on a road trip).

Thanks for the reply.  The question I have is how to use it?  Do I need to add weight for anything other than the vehicle mass, or do you include some amount for the driver?

No, we make no assumptions about vehicle mass other than dry weight.  So add any weight you will be adding to the car on a road trip.  Luggage, dogs, people, rock collection, assorted kitchen sinks, whatever you're taking along.  Generally a best-guess estimate is okay, don't need to be too exact.

On 5/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, Jason (ABRP) said:

No, we make no assumptions about vehicle mass other than dry weight.  So add any weight you will be adding to the car on a road trip.  Luggage, dogs, people, rock collection, assorted kitchen sinks, whatever you're taking along.  Generally a best-guess estimate is okay, don't need to be too exact.

Does that mean we should always be putting in 70kg (I wish) for a driver?

On 5/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, Jason (ABRP) said:

In this case, I think the label "extra weight" could possibly be reworded to something like "weight of driver, passengers & cargo" and the pop-up that currently says "extra vehicle weight, like a trailer or heavy cargo..." could be reworded to something like "Enter an estimate of the total weight of driver, passengers, any cargo and also any trailer".

Play around with it and see if it makes a big difference.
I have yet to be bothered to put anything in that field; because i think it only makes a significant difference if you, say, scale the Alps.