green light

At charger how many kWh

Posted (edited)

During route planning but also while charging ABRP shows the planned start and target percentage. I assue internally ABRP knows how many kWh has to be charged.

Would it be possible to show the planned amount of charged kWh so one could estimate the price using his charging card?

Example output:

23% - 83% (20 kWh)

Edited by green light
  • Like 2

This would be a nice little addition that would simplify the choice of the charging tariff (kWh based or time based).

Adding my voice to this request - but I’d prefer it to always show how many kWh need to be added. Would be useful when deciding which method of payment to use at Ionity chargers, for example.

ABPR prices at Fastned and Ionity are mostly useless... at least in Germany (may be some other EU countries also).

Nobody will pay 79 cent/kWh at Ionity, I will also not pay 59 cent/kWh at Fastned. I have tariff for both 35 cent/kWh (some of germans pay as low as 25cent/kWh).
Also if some has a special deal, from Audi, Porsche... they also pay another prices. Also in this case number of kWh is more relevant as "standard price" assumption.

Yes, in the UK we can either use Maingau to pay about £0.4 per kWh, or ChargePoint to pay £7.60 per session.... so it would be good for ABRP to always show the required kWh, even if it does know the price the network itself charges (£0.69 per kWh for Ionity).

That way we could easily work out whether we should use Maingau (<19kWh) or ChargePoint (>19kWh).