XavDoug

Setting Up Torque for Kona

Hello all

I am a new ABRP user and a new EV driver. I found ABRP is a really good application to have and would like to contribute.

So I bought a OBDLink LX dongle and added Torque to my Galaxy S7 phone.

Now i need some clarification with the instructions I found in the ABRP settings menu for live car connection :

1) I downloaded the CSV file and added the PID but I did not found one "001_Outdoor Temperature". I looked the whole list in case in wasn't sorted alphabetically.

2) the web server URL is "http://abetterrouteplanner.com:4441/soul30". But in another thread, I saw it is actually "http://abetterrouteplanner.com:4441/kona64". (i did indicate my car model before using the setup menu)

I just wanted to make sure that the temperature missing is normal for my model

And again, thank you for this great tool.

On 3/27/2019 at 1:36 AM, Jason (ABRP) said:

For 1) it seems I missed a file, you'll also need this file as well:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JejuSoul/OBD-PIDs-for-HKMC-EVs/master/Hyundai Kona EV %26 Kia Niro EV/extendedpids/002_Kona%26Niro_EV_HVAC.csv

I'll get both fixes updated and online shortly!

Hi jason

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the new file and did the whole setup again in Torque (pretty quick). I now have the new outdoor and indoor temperature values. I added them to Torque real-time display and both are displayed accurately on my phone. However, temperature is still empty when i use abrp "view live data". 

Can it be a problem with my Torque setup? I followed your instruction and changed two other settings I deemed appropriate for my configuration (Galaxy S7 and obdlink Lx bluetooth dongle). In Torque setup, i enabled  "Ne pas calculer les consommations" (do not compute fuel consumption ?). I also activated the "faster communication" option for bluetooth.

Most likely not an issue with your setup, I'll investigate the Torque server and see.  Honestly, the temperature is not very important right now for the live-data driving mode, we'll recalibrate on power and speed mostly.  If temperatures are very low, we'll see that and recalibrate based on higher-than-expected power draw.

speaking of live-data, are short distances of any value to you ?

My commute distance is less than 10 km. My car is parked underground on both ends and exiting the building is a significant part of the power drain on such a small trip. (level -2 and -1)
Another problem is that i have a lot of covered road (large bridge, tunnel) on my way and the GPS speed indication is probably wrong 10% of the time.
(and I still searching the car internal speed value. "obd speed" not doing anything on my car.)

I have a 600km round trip every month or so and will make sure to have Torque running. But for commuting ?

On 4/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, Jason (ABRP) said:

Most likely not an issue with your setup, I'll investigate the Torque server and see.  Honestly, the temperature is not very important right now for the live-data driving mode, we'll recalibrate on power and speed mostly.  If temperatures are very low, we'll see that and recalibrate based on higher-than-expected power draw.

HI Jason

If would be cool to activate temperature to get more accuracy result especially when today the weather is cold in the morning and more than 10degrees celcius in the afternoon. 

For a long trip it would be very important I suppose. 

On my side temperature is not displayed on live data screen of abetterrouteplanner

Can you double check what the PID is displaying as in Torque? Perhaps I have it wrong on the server side. 

1. In Torque go to: Settings > Data Logging & Upload > Select what to log
  2. Find the Temperature PID, underneath it it should have a string like: "PID: ea9e51"

What's the PID labelled there?

In that menu, I see a bunch of identical green icons  with label "[xxyyzz] Normal PID"

and the one:

001_Outdoor Temperature

PID:220100 Min/Max:-50.0/50.0

Equation: (G/2)-40 Unit:degC

Just tried to replace the pid by the one you have given:

Ea9e51 and still no temperature displayed. Something is wrong. 

Sorry, that was an example for a different car.  I definitely had the wrong PID in the server, I've added 220100 to the server as Kona / Niro temperature so it should work now.

Yep i confirm it works great now.

I checked a 400km trip  (go and back) and abetterrouteplaner was very usefull even when charging on Ionity networks 😀

It's great to be able to see the charge level in Realtime when charging and when driving to see the simulated and the real battery level

thanks