Support for Apple Carplay

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Description: Support for Apple CarPlay Use Case: Would be nice to see the application to appear on Apple CarPlay. Waze and other Navigation software till now doesn't support Electric cars and we

After CarPlay, I think our next priority will be Android Auto since the build tools are finally available. Also, I can't take any credit, it's been mainly the tireless efforts of @Marc Pujol (ABRP) wo

and I patiently wait for android auto support  😉

Posted Images

Hi,

I have a similar experience to Richie.

Initially, the Carplay Version would open for a few seconds and then closed again. I then killed

the app (Version 4.0.35) on the phone and tried again. This time two options appeared, Premium Subscription and continue (or something along those lines) and freezes there. I have a Premium subscription but it is not recognised on Carplay.

Hi Rockfred, 

On 1/20/2021 at 9:56 PM, Rockfred said:

First thank you so much for your effort. And a question: Will the graph be included in future?

Unfortunately CarPlay does have its limitations and it looks like getting the graph in there is more or less impossible. However you may of course run the iPhone app simultaneously and there display the detailed mode.

/Katya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Katya (ABRP) said:

Hi Rockfred, 

Unfortunately CarPlay does have its limitations and it looks like getting the graph in there is more or less impossible. However you may of course run the iPhone app simultaneously and there display the detailed mode.

/Katya

will the graph be available in the andriodauto version ?

Yes - for people who don’t have a car data connection, a way of entering the current SoC via Car Play is needed. 

Even for those with certain data connections that aren’t live whilst driving (eg BMW i3 via Tronity), a way of entering SoC is still required as the figure provided by Tronity is not up to date when you are already driving.

11 hours ago, Ulrik PS said:

Carplay seems to work on my hyundai ioniq, thank you! But is there any way to enter the SoC through the carplay interface? Would be really useful for navigating while driving!

Yes, I second that, however I will have a live connection through EVNotify very soon.

Few bugs I have experienced:

• Zooming in/out using the +/- buttons doesn't seem to work correctly,
  • I can't plan a route with several stops (not sure if that's a bug though),
  • Sometimes typing in the search box doesn't work,
  • Saved routes shows an empty list,
  • After the first route instructions, the radio sound is suppressed and won't come back anymore. I don't have this with Google Maps or other navigation apps.

Nice to haves:

• When not navigating, have a button to select between North up or Heading up. Right now it's just North up,
  • Be able to switch off verbal instructions via the screen.

So a few glitches, but it looks really promising! Thnx again for your great efforts, I'm really happy with it!

Edited by Marc O.
  • Like 1

I had a chance to try ABRP CarPlay over the weekend, and whilst I applaud the efforts in making it available, I’m afraid to say I can’t really see what benefit it currently provides - particularly in a case such as mine where there isn’t live data being fed into ABRP.

I appreciate though that there are restrictions imposed by Apple on what functions can be included.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 12:21 AM, Bill N said:

Yes - for people who don’t have a car data connection, a way of entering the current SoC via Car Play is needed. 

Even for those with certain data connections that aren’t live whilst driving (eg BMW i3 via Tronity), a way of entering SoC is still required as the figure provided by Tronity is not up to date when you are already driving.

I'm driving a Peugeot e208 and have the SOC displayed on CarPlay using live data via Tronity. The SOC is updated while driving every minute. 

The SOC is only displayed when using navigation. No SOC when only showing the map.

ABPR.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Richie said:

I'm driving a Peugeot e208 and have the SOC displayed on CarPlay using live data via Tronity. The SOC is updated while driving every minute. 

The SOC is only displayed when using navigation. No SOC when only showing the map.

ABPR.jpg

Is that definitely the live SoC from Tronity? If it is then that’s great, but I think the issue is that some cars (eg the i3) only update the SoC to the manufacturer’s server at the start and end of a journey so in that case it can’t be used for consumption calculations and also can’t be used to plan a journey via CarPlay when already on the move - instead you would have to go to the app on the phone to adjust the start SoC (as the figure provided by Tronity will still be what it was when you initially started driving).

39 minutes ago, Bill N said:

Is that definitely the live SoC from Tronity? If it is then that’s great, but I think the issue is that some cars (eg the i3) only update the SoC to the manufacturer’s server at the start and end of a journey so in that case it can’t be used for consumption calculations and also can’t be used to plan a journey via CarPlay when already on the move - instead you would have to go to the app on the phone to adjust the start SoC (as the figure provided by Tronity will still be what it was when you initially started driving).

Yes I confirm that the SOC is from Tronity. In my case, the car is sending every minute, the SOC, GPS and Elevation to Peugeot's servers. For other manufacturers, I don't know. It's possible that some of them only send the data at the start and the end of the trip. 

In order to get the SOC via Tronity, make sure to select Live data in the parameters of ABRP.

2021-02-02_16-04-25.png.ee2927d2a3665eea2d46f86ce7a94c60.png

Example of SOC and Elevation shown on Tronity. As you can see, many data are missing such as speed, Temperature and power. I think that these data are unfortunately not sent to the servers.

Trip.thumb.jpg.6aca2b0e70689bd554bc6a24c497f1e1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an issue with ABRP on CarPlay while I'm listening to the radio. When there is a navigation instruction initiated by ABRP, the radio stops and the navigation instruction starts. But when the instruction ends, the radio keeps silent and I have to select manually the radio source to listen to the radio again.

But when I am listening to the music from my phone through CarPlay, it works well. When there is a navigation instruction, the music level decreases, the navigation instruction starts and after the instruction, the music resumes.

I'm not sure if this issue is caused by ABRP or by the car (Peugeot e208). Is somebody facing the same problem ?