Jump to content
  • 0
ToyToyToy

Setting up live data - missing telemetry error

Question

Hi,

I'm quite new to ABRP, and I'm about to set up live data transmission on Android, Torque Pro, for a Kia e-Soul 64 kWh. I'll be on a longer trip tomorrow and would like to share the data with you guys.

All the setup in Torque is done (except for the Battery Temperature PID that is missing from the ABRP PID file), and Torque reads all the data from the car without problems. However, when I check Live Data on the ABRP website, I only see data for Speed and Model. At the top of the window, there is a red bar saying "Missing telemetry: soc, is_charging". See the screenshots for details. 

What can I do?

Regards

Frank

 

 

 

Screenshot_20200110_151002_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20200110_151054_org.prowl.torque.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi again,

Meanwhile this issue is partially solved. I did not change anything, but after a trip most data is displayed in Live View, just SOH is still missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi,

I think I found the reason for the remaining problem with SOH. Although the ABRP setup instruction ask for downloading the Niro files for the Soul from JejuSoul's Github site, I picked the Soul files. Unfortunately, there seems to be an error in the ABRP_Kia_Soul_EV_64kWh_PIDs.csv file. 

For my e-Soul, the relevant line reads
!_ABRP_Max Deterioration,SOH,,val{000_State of Health},0,100,%,

while for the Niro, it reads
!_ABRP_Max Deterioration,SOH,,val{000_Maximum Deterioration},0,100,%,

So, for the Soul, ABRP just gets opposite of Deterioration, namely the SOH. However, there is no 000_Maximum Deterioration PID in the Soul file set nor in the Niro file set. I'll try to investigate and remove this PID from logging for now.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I am having the same problem with my Kona64. But can't seem to find a solution. TorquePro has all the data, and is uploading data as well. I can see the speed in ABRP, but that's it and it shows me the same error as above "Missing telemetry: soc, is_charging".

Any advice?

I restarted TorquePro and reloaded ABRP a few times without any success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So, I figured out why I didn't have the data. Embarrassingly I forgot to add the fields to the upload.

However, I did that and as you can see in the screenshot, all the data is now uploaded, but I still get an error message!?

Any reason for that? Or a way to fix it?

live-data.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I found the reason why the error message is displayed. Apparently if the order of the uploaded data to ABRP includes a parameter that is not needed, it will display that error but still work just fine.
In my case I had added internal_temp before external_temp. As you can see in the above screenshot, all the data got accepted, but the error was still displayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Contact Us

Bo - Lead Developer and Tesla owner: bo@abetterrouteplanner.com

Jason - New Car Models, Developer and Bolt owner : jason@abetterrouteplanner.com

Idreams - Forums Administrator, Forums Developer and Tesla owner : idreams@abetterrouteplanner.com

×
×
  • Create New...