Step

Feature Request: AndroidAuto

This is not possible for Android Auto. Google is restricting the access and only allows some few apps.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:54 AM, Shidar said:

This is not possible for Android Auto. Google is restricting the access and only allows some few apps.

That is interesting. There seems to be a way to do it. This little App, did it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-obd2-plugin-android-auto-torque-t3657805

Edited by Esprit1st
Forgot the link

Hi. Is this a way do display ABRP via Android Auto? Could you give step by step instructions for beginners:-)? Thank you!!

No, this is not a way to get ABRP on Android Auto. This Software is a plugin for TorquePro to display specific dials on Android Auto and your car dashboard.

The reason I am posting this is to show that apparently they found a way to display data on a car dash without approval of Google. So apparently it can be done.
Is it the right way to do it? I am not sure, but I would think that just giving up because somebody said so is not correct either. ABRP is an app, that should be displayed on the cars dashboard. That's exactly its purpose. In fact it not being displayed on the dashboard makes driving more dangerous because I will be more distracted trying to fiddle around with my tiny phone screen.

Please ignore any requests for Android Auto, I want carplay and that is all that matters. If I change my phone type, I will request otherwise 🙂

On 2/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, Padraigdc said:

Please ignore any requests for Android Auto, I want carplay and that is all that matters. If I change my phone type, I will request otherwise 🙂

Or just ignore carplay. Just Android Auto. I Switched away from Apple Years ago.

We have long-term plans to support both! We want everyone to be able to drive with their EVs, regardless of phone choice.

Back when we only had the website, I looked into (and successfully displayed the website using) that Android Auto hack.  But it was incredibly glitchy, and Google closed the exploit in recent versions of Android Auto.  That said, it's very hacky and not the kind of experience open to anyone we want to give.

When we do bring ABRP to Android Auto / CarPlay we'll be playing in their rules, so we'll provide as many features as we can, while still being approved to run in the cars.

Well, that's good to hear and definitely the route to go. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the back is the way to go. The official easy is the way to go. It almost sounded like you guys have given up on the idea and that's what I didn't like. And of course for us users it just never goes quickly enough ðŸĪĢðŸĪŠðŸ‘

22 hours ago, Esprit1st said:

Well, that's good to hear and definitely the route to go. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the back is the way to go. The official easy is the way to go. It almost sounded like you guys have given up on the idea and that's what I didn't like. And of course for us users it just never goes quickly enough ðŸĪĢðŸĪŠðŸ‘

Definitely haven't given up, just not the top of the priority list yet.  Need to get the app completely up to snuff with the website, then we can really start adding features like AA and CP.

• Like 1