Bert Hogendoorn

map not loading

Description: map not loading
Link to Plan: 
Replication Steps:
  1. no need to replicate as map not loading happens without network changes
  3. I have tested it with fibre-optic link tested at 160Mbits per second, at 5Mpbs etc

map.jpg

• Like 1

Same issue for me.  Night mode works but day mode doesn't show the maps.

I'm using Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108

This bug has come back on my Pixelbook (Chromebook) only as of a few days ago.  Works fine on Linux desktop Chrome.

Same issue for me on MacOS using Chrome 78.0.3904.108, Chrome 79.0.3945.88, and Safari 13.0.4 (15608.4.9.1.3).

Works fine on iOS (Safari and Chrome...don't feel like checking version).

Works fine on Windows using Chrome 79.0.3945.88.

Edited by SiGmA_X

On 12/22/2019 at 4:46 AM, Robin Iddon said:

Hmm, I just did a complete refresh of the page (shift-refresh) and now it works (the same trick worked on both browsers) - but weird that I had the same issue on Firefox and Safari!

This worked for me. Give it a try!

Problem with the "old" ABRP: Cleared cache & cookies, refreshed, still not working on Firefox. Wierd: cannot sign into account with Chrome (wanted to test another browser). Also no road names shown on the planned route.

The "new" ABRP" has similar problems (no roads names on planned route); map not loading similar to "old". Looks like Bo has somehow corrupted the "old" one while trying to use common data on the "new" one?

BRP1.JPG

I talked about this bug before, day time map not loading, well it has returned again using Chrome, works fine on my Android, but chrome on Windows 10 no map unless you go to night mode. Treid clearing cookies tec, even Windows Explorer version 11, same issues, no map loading. Route points everything is there even all street names and city locations and charge points but only in night mode.

I have the same problem, maps not loading.  Seems to be browser agnostic on my windows 10 workstation.  Tried it with Edge, Chrome, FF all have the same problem.  Interesting.

Since some days, I've the same problem on my Mac (10.14.6) with Safari and Chrome, but FireFox 71.0 works!

Same for me, no maps,  on Mac OS X 10.13.6 with Safari.

They do on the new interface web site, but I prefer the old one so far.

Same for me, No maps also. Using Win 7 fully updated with Firefox

Also, when I used Night Mode to get maps, it puts a dark band across the bottom half of the routing plan making it unreadable.

This "dark band" was appearing last month (November) when I was getting maps in Day Mode with map showing.

ABRP-Bug_2019-12-26.jpg

Edited by Hugh-SG
clarify explanation of dark band across bottom of trip data

This is an issue we're actively working, unfortunately with the app release we're seeing much bigger hits on our tile servers.  Doing a forced refresh sometimes does the trick, clearing the cache won't do much (and may worsen the problem, as it'll clear any cached map tiles forcing you to redownload them).  This is a very high-priority item for us, and we'll solve it as quickly as we can.

• Thanks 2

Thank you Jason.  I got it to work in my Tesla yesterday okay in Day Mode.  As I have recently discovered, Tesla in car uses the Safari browser.

This morning, Dec 27 at 05:00 GMT -8 or 14:07 Stockholm time on my desk top, I opened ABRP to Grey Screen, putting it into Night Mode let me see the map.

I logged in but it can not find my Saved Plans or my saved vehicle data.

When I did a Reload, I had to log in all over again.

Correction to my "Dark Band across the Routing Data", report.  I have been experiencing that since October.

Cheers, Hugh

To help reduce the server load we switched to a vector-drawn map tile system, it should automatically reload, but if it's still having trouble try doing a forced refresh (ctrl+f5 in most browsers).

16 hours ago, Professor Moody said:

Day map background loads after refresh (Windows 10, Firefox), but road names not shown on route (i.e., interstates or state highways).

That's a side effect of the quick rollover to vector maps, we'll make that better after the holidays.